We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn or Equatorial?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn or Equatorial?

We are looking at staying in Melaka for a couple of nights in mid August.

There will be myself, husband and our two year old, along with my parents.

What are the pros and cons of these hotels locations and amenities?

Which would you suggest we stay at??

We would like somewhere with a nice pool and close to things to do/see/eat with our daughter, while my parents really want to explore the history of Melaka.

Thank you for your help :)

SINGAPORE
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn or Equatorial?

HI friend

holiday inn malacca good place , good location , . i stay there more than 6 time in a year

U will like this hotel,enjoy , relax. i will give this hotel 100 mark

FROM MRS LEE

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn or Equatorial?

Hi Sparkles,

Holiday Inn tends to please people who like very clean and new room and public area. Its location is reasonably good but Equatorial is better with a mall opposite to cool off, dine and window shop and historic area just behind the mall.

Equatorial has balcony, bigger pool and it is the busiest hotel in Malacca. I don't have problem with the room or public area although some people think it is a bit tired.

I will say Equatorial has better amenities than Holiday Inn and its club or executive room is cheaper than Holiday Inn.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn or Equatorial?

Thank you for your replies. We are going to stay at the Equatorial...it looks to have a much larger pool with some shade, and the location seems that it can not be beaten.

Thank you!

4. Re: Holiday Inn or Equatorial?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 06:22