We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flaoting Grilled Fish Village

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flaoting Grilled Fish Village

can someone direct me from Bayview Hotel in Malacca to the Flaoting Grilled Fish Village.Tks

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,946 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flaoting Grilled Fish Village

From Melaka town find your way to Lebuh AMJ (Federal route 19), this is the new highway connecting Melaka to Muar town down south in Johor state.

Drive until the Jalan Paya Dalam interchange. You should see a sign saying "Umbai" before the interchange. Turn right into Jalan Paya Dalam (route M105) and follow it until the end when you reach a T-junction with route 5.

Turn left to go to Umbai Baru, which i think is the "floating village" you are referring to. If you turn right here, you could also head to the original Umbai or Pernu grilled fish "villages".

After you turn left at the T-junction, you will soon come to another intersection. Turn right and you will reach Umbai Baru. It is not really a village but a seafood complex with various stalls selling seafood.

singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flaoting Grilled Fish Village

Does the Floating Grilled Fish Village operate in the daytime.

Is the food rating as excellent and a must for all traveller to melacca.

I being to a place a few years back and I cannot remenber it.The food is excellent and the nasi lemak is very good costing at 50 cents per packet.The grilled fish is very fresh.we sat on the bench where is facing the river.We can see some boats in the river bank .

We turn into that place where a petrol station is located. Can someone direct me to this place.Thanks

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,946 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flaoting Grilled Fish Village

From your description it sounds like Pernu. Yeah I usually prefer Pernu over Umbai or Umbai Baru. They are roughly nearby each other, just follow the same directions as above. Only at the T-junction, turn right instead of left, then turn left again at the next junction.

singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flaoting Grilled Fish Village

I still cannot locate the direction to this place as mentioned, Pernu. Does it open in the day?

Can you please direct me step by step from Bayview Hotel to this place by car.

Thanks

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flaoting Grilled Fish Village

Hi ,

If you have a map (get from tourist office), it will be easier to get a concierge to draw the direction from Bayview. Other, use google map below, type "melaka"

http://maps.google.com/

Use the "hand tool" to pull the map to the right, as that is the direction going to Portugese settlement (Perkampungan Portugis) and Medan Ikan Bakar.

First, you turn left into Jln Munshi Abdullah from the traffic light at pizza hut along Jalan Bendahara where Bayview is. Keep straight when you come to a small roundabout until you reach the second traffic light at Jalan Semabok. If you go straight, it will enter Lebuh (Highway) AMJ, if you turn right, you will go along St John Hill (Jalan Bukit Senjuang) and left into Jalan Padang Temu or Ujong Pasir. Portugese Settlement is just few hundred meters from here.

Go straight for about 5-10min you will be at Jalan Permatang Pasir, at the T junction, turn right into Jalan Alai, Kandang. From here, you will start to see sign on your left lane drive of Medan Ikan Bakar. The first one should be Alai Ikan Bakar, then you have other like Sungai Duyong, Umbai, etc.

Basically, once you are in ujong pasir, your direction is going along the coast (although hardly visible with all the houses) towards Muar as Grill fish villages are by the seaside or river mouth.

6. Re: Flaoting Grilled Fish Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2010, 05:15