We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tradiational malay chalets near malacca

Aussie
Level Contributor
21 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Tradiational malay chalets near malacca

Hi

I am travelling to Malaca with hubby in April and am hoping to stay at resort with aircon, pool, tradionial chalets and hopefully english tv (news/sports). Budget approx 150RM.

Was looking at Shah's Beach resort, but cannot contact them (emails bounce back)

Also, does anyone know what the best bus to get from Singapore to Malacca?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tradiational malay chalets near malacca

Hi

Sorry I cannot help you with the accomodation side of things but we are planning a trip that is to take us from Singapore to Melaka, originally our trip was going to be via train but after putting some posts on here I have definitely been convinced the coach is better. I have been told that its better to get the coach that goes via the second causeway see a post a few posts below yours.

I believe from my own posts when others helped me out companies that do the trip include Five Star, Konsortium, Transtar and I think another called 707.

Hope this helps!!!

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tradiational malay chalets near malacca

Hi Percy23,

As mentioned by jeffers65, Five Star, Konsortium, Grassland and 707 are good coaches can bring you to Melaka within 3.5 to 4 hours. The following site allows you to prebook. If you are not going during weekend, you can purchase when you are in Singapore.

http://www.easibook.com/

Shah beach is 20 mins drive from town. It is not convenient if you want to go to town without waiting for taxis who may overcharge you with RM20-35 one way. While it is quite a quaint beach resort but malacca beach is not worth spending time espeically if you just have few days to spend. The shoreline is short and the sea not swimmable.

If you want to book Shah Beach, you may want to call them since emails are not usually used in small resorts/hotels in malaysia.

Aussie
Level Contributor
21 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tradiational malay chalets near malacca

Thanks

Useful information - going on the weekend so will pre book (thanks)

I will book with Konsortium and probably spend the first night in town at the Aldy and then catch the local bus to Shah's (for two days of lying around and adjusting to being on holidays) before I travel up to KL etc

Am I right in guesiing there would be plently of cheap local food on Shah's beach? and hopefully somewhere to have a beer or two?

cheers

Percy

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tradiational malay chalets near malacca

Hi percy,

There are local food stalls, mostly serving malay food. Bert is not far away with grilled seafood and decent western. You can have beer here but not at the malay store.

Buses only go from Melaka Sentral to Klebang where shah Beach is. So from town you have to go to Sentral and change bus to Klebang.

Mentioned in this post
Melaka Sentral
Melaka Sentral
12 Reviews
Melaka, Malaysia
Aussie
Level Contributor
21 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tradiational malay chalets near malacca

sounds good

thanks for your help!!!

cheers

Percy :-)

6. Re: Tradiational malay chalets near malacca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 05:16