We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Malacca or Courtyard @ Herreen

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Penang
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Malacca or Courtyard @ Herreen

We are making a trip to Malacca from 5-7 June 2010 and im a little confused if we should opt for Courtyard at Hereen for a totally different experience or the Holiday Inn Melaka. We are driving to Malacca so I guess the Hotel we choose not necesarrily have to be at the prime location.The Courtyard at Hereen looks good but I am a little concern about the noise level in the room as I have read not very pleasent reviews about this ...Anyone can advise me on this.. any suggestions please

Edited: 15 March 2010, 09:04
Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Malacca or Courtyard @ Herreen

Hi RaynDev,

Holiday Inn is your typical 4 stars hotel with restaurants, pool, public space and views (the town or Strait of Malacca).

Courtyard at Hereen has no view (no windows) as it is a long shop house with the suites only ones with view of the back of resident housing.

If you are particular about the room comfort and style, courtyard definitely has the boutique and comtemporary feel. The public space however is limited to the small open air couryard in the middle of the house. The lobby is pretty but not somwhere you want to laze about. In fact, Puri has a much better ambiance of a Peranakan house but the room is really too bland.

If you are concerned with the noise, upper level which I think are the deluxe rooms have better natural lights and soundproof than superior rooms downstairs.

If you intend to spend most time out, Courtyard may be a good choice to return to the comfortable and stylist room. You can walk most places from here and it has designated car park.

Holiday Inn feels the same in many parts of the world and is worth the cost if you want to enjoy the pool, sunset view and restuarants (the italian restaurant is good). Location requires walking about 5-10min to the historic places. However, don't miss good food in Plaza Mahkota (rows of shop houses after the flyover, to the left of Holiday Inn). The pork satay shop, porriadge kopitiam, Wok N Pan restuarant, Nadeje Patisserie Cafe (Mille Crepe, best cake ever) are hidden gems.

2. Re: Holiday Inn Malacca or Courtyard @ Herreen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 06:17