We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Hotel / Aldy Hotel

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Puri Hotel / Aldy Hotel

I am keen to stay in Puri Hotel / Aldy Hotel in my upcoming trip to Malacca. I would appreciate if someone can share your recent room images of the above 2 hotel. Thanks

singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Hotel / Aldy Hotel

Apparently Hotel Puri demolished a neighbouring shophouse in order to make a parking lot for its guests.

What an insult and letdown to Malacca's heritage.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Hotel / Aldy Hotel

Hi Holidays81,

Puri has better ambiance in the lobby and public area than Aldy which has slightly better room.

About demolioshing the shophouse few block away, it is inevitable with this area's parking problem and the shophouse abandoned and empty anyway.

Singapore
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Hotel / Aldy Hotel

Hi Holidays81,

I was in Melaka early October for the weekend & stayed at "hangout@jonker". Highly recommended for its location, cleanliness & room size. It is relatively new boutique hotel which is strategically located at the roundabout "entrance" to Jonker Street (where the big "San Shu Gong" shop & famous "Chung Hwa" chicken rice ball is). Very accessible, 15-20-minute walk to the tourist attractions & Dataran Parade shopping mall. Cost me RM160 nett for the weekend (double occupancy). I think it's about RM120 nett for weekday occupancy.

I booked & paid online via the hotel's website directly. Fuss-free.

www.hangouthotels.com/malacca/index.php…

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Hotel / Aldy Hotel

hiya i like stayng at aldy hotel as its just a stride away from jonker street and away from the noise and bustle when you need a little peace and quiet, it takes around 3 minits to walk to jonker street and its just across from st pauls hill, and underneath there is the bamboo resteraunt which is big and open and has a guy singing in the evenings,and the rooms are nice and clean as are the beds

5. Re: Puri Hotel / Aldy Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 07:34