We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melaka - What to do for three days?

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Melaka - What to do for three days?

I've been advised that there is not a lot to do in Malaka but it seems like a nice little place to spend a few days. Hubby and I will be staying at the Hotel Equitorial and I am wondering what suggestions you have for things to do?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melaka - What to do for three days?

For activities in the city itself, you may refer to Tourism Malaysia page:

www.tourism.gov.my/destinations/list.php…

You may also spend half a day in A'Famosa Water World. Note that it is a bit far from the city:

www.afamosa.com/main.php…

Finally, you may read book or surf Net beside Melaka River. There are some eateries with free Wifi service, but you need to bring along your notebook/tablet/smart phone.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melaka - What to do for three days?

I read on the Wiki site that Tuesday is the worst day of the week to choose to be in Malacca as a lot of the restaurants and museums are closed but there seems to be plenty of other things to do.

The zoo and Taman mini malaysia and mini Asean look interesting.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melaka - What to do for three days?

Do note that the zoo and Taman Mini Malaysia are somewhat far from downtown. You'll need transport to get there.

In the city itself, I would recommend Stadthuys and Jonker Street. They are about 10-minute walk from Equitorial.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melaka - What to do for three days?

Hi Pegasusperth,

It is true Tuesday is the worst day of the week to be in malacca town as the tourist restaurants and some museums are close either Monday or Tuesday as everywhere in the world.

If you are bored in town, Melaka zoo with the nearby mini Malaysia may be worth a visit. Don't bother with A Famosa theme park, it is horrid.

If you can get a driver, go north of Melaka town and stop along the fishing village of tanjung Kling and sample some Malay warung by the seaside .

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melaka - What to do for three days?

Make sure you allow one night to go to Portuguese settlement for a meal. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Danuta.

6. Re: Melaka - What to do for three days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 08:26