We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore to Melaka

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore to Melaka

We are planning to travel by bus from Singapore to Melaka.I

Is it better to book online previously or wait till we arrive in Singapore? What is the best deal?

Is there luggage space for backpacks?

What happens at the border crossings?

Cheers B&C

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Melaka
Melaka
Central Melaka District, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore to Melaka

Since there is no reply yet, let me try...

I can't say whether it's better to book online. I have never done that. But I guess it will save you some time as you don't need to go to the counter.

Luggage should not be a problem. At the border, on Singapore side, you can leave your backpacks in the bus. On Malaysia side, you must carry them to the customs complex for inspection.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore to Melaka

Thanks for the advice

B&C

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore to Melaka

Hi Gissys

Bus is the way to go to Malacca which is 4-4.5 hours from Singapore.

It is best to prebook your ticket either online or at least 1 day before departure so you know what buses are operating and timing. Konsortium has some buses that drop you off the popular hotels like Equatorial and Holiday Inn.

There is certainly space in luggage compartment for travelers on these buses.

At border crossing in Singapore, you only need to take passport and singapore landing card to be stamped. When the bus crosses the causeway, you need to bring all belongings for immigration and custom clearance.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore to Melaka

Thanks for your help

B&C

5. Re: Singapore to Melaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 07:19