We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jonker walk

SEA
Level Contributor
237 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Jonker walk

Hi there,

I would like to find out whether Jonker Walk is open on a Friday night? Alos, which are the boutique hotels that are near to the Hero Shopping centres? Fenix Inn is sold out for the period that I'll be there. Baba House and Perus hotel, which is better?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jonker walk

Jonker Walk will be open on Friday in the sense that it hosts the weekend night market. So if you're looking to drive down the street, then no... but for the market and all that goes with it, yes.

Not sure on the hotel as I stayed in Chinatown.

SEA
Level Contributor
237 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jonker walk

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I will likely to shop around at Jonker walk on Friday then.

I found the Heeren House not bad..Likely to put up with them.

Regards,

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jonker walk

Hi

If you can get a room, Hereen House is a unique guest house. Melaka historic center is within 15mins to 30mins from one end to the other, most people run out of places within half a day, excluding shopping.

SEA
Level Contributor
237 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jonker walk

Hi there,

I have made several attempts to book Heeren House in the past but to no avail. Bascially, my trip this time is partially motivated by me being able to book a room with them..haha.

Not going to any historical sites but will concentrate on shopping. Will find out for myself whether those outlet stores at Hero shopping centre are of equivalent to those in Bandung.

Regards,

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jonker walk

Hi

I have not been to Bandung, but the small AK Branded Reject Shop has nice looking T shirts and pants from CK, Guess, Armani and Burberry. The materials are definitely comfortable to wear.

The store is in the middle row of shop opposite the RM5 shop.

SEA
Level Contributor
237 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jonker walk

Hi there,

I read in the other thread that only AX and Brands Outlet are selling the "real stuff" and the rest are bluff. Is this correct?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jonker walk

Hi

Real or not you could quite easily spot them with the feel of the material and colours. In AK shop, the colours and materials are top notch. Brands outlet sell OK stuff, I don't buy there for the brands but the design and materials if they feel right.

8. Re: Jonker walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 19:19