We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for itinerary

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
121 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for itinerary

Hello.

My husband and I will be spending two nights in Melaka as part of our honeymoon. We plan on taking a bus up from Singapore. We'll arrive on Thursday, 16 June and depart on Saturday, 18 June.

So far the only official things I have planned is:

Friday - Melaka bicycle tour

Friday night - Jonker St. night market

Is there anything else we should do? Or should we just wander and enjoy?

Thanks in advance.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
307 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for itinerary

wandering is great after the fast pace of a city. eat and enjoy

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for itinerary

Hi Dandy warhol

Melaka sights are mostly within walking distance. I would say, the river cruise is a must especially at night or walking along the river pavement at dusk and early morning when it is cool and peaceful.

Take a scroll throughout the china town (not only Jonker walk which is touristy) and visit art galleries and handircraft shops and talk to the owners and shop attendents. They love to chat with tourists.

For romantic dinner, try Taragon or Harper by the river or Bistro Year 1673 (yes that the age of the building!) in Jonker Walk (opposite Famous Chicken rice shop).

3. Re: Suggestions for itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 10:19