We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Famosa Hotel Resort

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
A Famosa Hotel Resort

I heard many bad experiences on Villas at A Famosa Hotel Resort. Can someone please advise me of any nice hotel / condo / Villa at A Famosa? We have 3 families of 6 adults & 5 kids going on 21 Dec and hoping to stay together in a villa.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Famosa Hotel Resort

Hi

To be honest, the whole A Formosa resort is run down and poorly managed. If you want to stay close to theme park, then Sunway Lagoon is a better choice or Resort World Sentosa in Singapore (much pricier).

If you want to visit Malacca during this period, it is best to stay in Melaka town. There are however no villa in town, unfortunately.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Famosa Hotel Resort

Hi,

We are driving down from KL Sunway Lagoon to Melaka on 21 Dec. Yes, I heard about all the run down resorts at A Famosa. Can you please advise which hotel to stay if we choose to stay at melaka town? Thanks very much.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Famosa Hotel Resort

Hi Jojo_Circus

If you do not need swimming pool, then I recommend the following hotels for your group of travelers since you have own transport.

1.) Cyclamen Cottage : A heritage guest house style hotel that is only 10mins drive from tourist area. You get to see part of locals' lifestyle.

http://www.cyclamencottage.com/

2.) Arenaa de Luxe : boutique hotel with family room and only 5 -10 mins

drive to tourist area. Don't miss good hawker center food nearby

The bungalow house rental below has good review and decent location for those who drive.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g306997…

Otherwise, you could choose Holiday Inn Melaka which family room that can fit one of your family group.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Famosa Hotel Resort

Hi again,

If you are in Melaka during christmas week, visit Portugese Settlement for early dinner and after dark, the christmas light decoration in the portugese descendent community is quite fun to walk around.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A Famosa Hotel Resort

Hi Alex,

Your infos are definitely very helpful!

Thanks very much!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Famosa Hotel Resort

We stayed @ A Famosa last year. Not the best accommodation nor location but if you like a secluded area, then this might be the place for you. My husband likes the location as he doesn't like crowds. I prefer to stay near/in town to save time since we have 3 young children in tow.

You may view some pics here

…blogspot.com/2010/06/trip-to-malaccamelaka.…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Famosa Hotel Resort

For Melaka town, we've stayed in both Courtyard and Hotel Puri, walkable to night market.

…blogspot.com/2011/03/malacca-march-2011-par…

PS: no pics for Hotel Puri yet as we were there this Jun and I've not updated my blog.

8. Re: A Famosa Hotel Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 23:17