We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise stopover at Melaka

Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise stopover at Melaka

Dear all, as the cruise i am taking will stopover at Malacca, just wondering how i can get to the city easily ? Also as i as travelling w kids and seniors, 8 of us, which is the best way we can go to the City or Jonkers st, how much, where shd we go and must buys since this is my first trip there???

Thanks a lot

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise stopover at Melaka

Hi vera

The cruise ship has a tender to drop you off at Melaka riverside quay which is at the heart of the city. From there, Jonker Walk and Studhuy (Dutch Square) are located respectively on both side of the river.

At entrance of Jonker Walk is the big red multi storey souvenir shop for local tibits, called San Shu Gong

travelingape.com/travel/…

Mentioned in this post
Melaka
Melaka
Central Melaka District, Malaysia
Jonker Boutique Hotel
Jonker Boutique Hotel
760 Reviews
Melaka, Malaysia
Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise stopover at Melaka

Hi vera

There is a blog by a cruise ship guest on day trip in Melaka

travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-559570.html

Mentioned in this post
Melaka
Melaka
Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise stopover at Melaka

Thanks AlexMcca,

Appreciate it... however, can i find out how i can get to Jonker area from where we alight ?

Is it walking distance from where we alight since u mentioned that it is in the city?

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Jonker Boutique Hotel
Jonker Boutique Hotel
760 Reviews
Melaka, Malaysia
Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise stopover at Melaka

Hi Veraclari

If you look at the map below, you could enlarge it to get an idea of the historic centre. The Ferry Jetty should be the drop off point for your ship tender. Walking along the river pavement inland direction, Dutch Square and the bridge to Jonker Walk is less than 5 minutes away.

www.melakaducktours.com.my/journey.html

Almost all attractions are clustered around Dutch Square, so many people can cover Melaka historic centre in 4 hours if there is no much stop in musuems in which there are many but only Cheng Ho, Baba House and Enthonology museum is worth a visit.

Mentioned in this post
Jonker Boutique Hotel
Jonker Boutique Hotel
760 Reviews
Melaka, Malaysia
Melaka
Melaka
The Baba House
The Baba House
366 Reviews
Melaka, Malaysia
Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise stopover at Melaka

Oh great!!

Thanks for your help! really useful! So i guess we can walk there since it is just 5 mins away by drive! perhaps a 15 min walk! ;)

6. Re: Cruise stopover at Melaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Melaka