We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

Hi all,

I'll be in KL in early August and want to book a return bus ticket to Melaka for a day trip. It's less than 3 months away and all bus companies don't seem to have availability yet for the time I need.

Anyone know how long in advance the tickets go on sale? I'm getting nervous because I'm travelling in the week of Hari Raya end.

Thanks

Annaliese

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

A daily trip only?

Try this link, hope it works.

www.journeymalaysia.com/ptamelaka.htm#1

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

Thanks for trying mate but no dice - still no availability for 4th of August.

Guess I need to wait a bit longer :-)

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

G'day leaguegirl

We took a bus from KL to Melaka in Feb this year.You'll find on line bookings for your journey don't open until one month before.That said, for on line bookings, go to www.easibook.com OR www.journeymalaysia.com

The Transnasional coach was comfortable. It left from Term B'spadu Selatan(TBS) depot, which seemed way out in the sticks. It cost us 50MYR to go by metered taxi from Corus Hotel (maybe the taxi driver took us the long way, being a Sunday). Where are you staying in KL? Maybe there is an alternative. Check out going to KL Sentral rail station, getting the LRT train to the station adjacent to TBS (only 4 stops ??). ALLOW TIME to find out exactly where to queue at TBS so as to present your Order Summary at the correct counter, have your Transnasional bus ticket printed to give to the bus driver. Once you have your ticket go down the stairs and locate the gate where the coach departs at street level.Be on time since the bus doesn't stop long. By the way, Melaka township itself is best visited of a weekend when there is a market. We had a near empty bus on the Sunday we travelled but stick with your plan and book early in case. At Melaka Sentral, the best approach would be the public bus (can't remember the number, but enquire). In town get off at The Clock Tower, much better than a taxi for 20-30MYR. Have some shrapnel for the bus fare.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,076 posts
5,946 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

We've made this trip a couple times in the past, have always just gone to Melaka Sentral in the morning and booked the next bus to KL, there have always seemed to be several kiosks selling tickets for buses leaving within the next 30 minutes to an hour. You can also work with guesthouses in Melaka to book your bus ticket for you, just cost a few extra MYR and you don't have to worry about making online bookings/reservations so far in advance of your trip.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

BradJill, you have the runs on the board, but the OP is planning a day trip from Kl to Melaka and back. I don't know what the week of Hari Raya end means but the 4th August is a Sunday into the bargain. Would it be better for her to take a taxi in the Sunday evening from around Jonker Street,or the Clock Tower, arrive at Melaka Sentral Bus Terminal in plenty of time before the last bus (11pm??) for KL? I say don't buy a RETURN bus ticket. There are ample coaches with sales booths located in the terminal, leaving on the hour for KL. If I recall correctly ,when catching the public bus from the Clock Tower for Melaka Sentral, the journey time was much quicker.. In my view, maybe a taxi is the best option for Annaliese in both directions. Less stressful! What do you reckon?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,076 posts
5,946 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

Hello Keith041,

To be fair, we've not been in Melaka nor KL during Hari Raya Puasa holiday period so perhaps local DE, AlexMcca or someone there in Melaka can offer their thought on the matter. However, I feel like it wouldn't be necessary to reserve bus tickets online before hand. I would simply take the bus from KL to Melaka in the morning and then upon arrival I might go ahead and go over the kiosks and buy my ticket back to KL for the evening before making my way into the town center to enjoy my Melaka day trip.

Taxi from the clock tower to Melaka Sentral, as I believe you are suggesting, seems reasonable. We have usually taken the return bus from the University Teknikal out past Jalan Kubu as it only takes around 10-12 minutes, if memory serves correctly, to arrive at Melaka Sentral, where as the clock tower seems to take considerably longer to arrive at the bus station.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

G'day BradJill, your suggestion -- buying the bus ticket at Melaka Sentral for that evening departure on arrival has lots of merit. Great stuff!

Annaliese, please let us know the outcome after your return to Australia.

Safe travels

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

Thanks a million everyone - i'll let you know how I get on :-)

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,487 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

It is absolutely necessary to reserve bus ticket online during hari raya holidays,

But the system only allow to book online 14-30 days in advance,that is the advance system adopted by bus and train

Normal travel OK it not coincide with any public holiday,there will be plenty of tickets available.

Come any holiday there will be a mad rush for any ticket.

10. Re: When can i book bus tickets to Melaka from KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 05:15