We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Many days in Malacca please?

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bundeena
Level Contributor
971 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
How Many days in Malacca please?

I am traveling first time to Malaysia in October starting with 3 nights Singapore ,toMalacca ,KL,Penang then on to Thailand which I have visited before .we love street food and colonial architecture ,local culture how long would you recommend in each please.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Many days in Malacca please?

2 nights is the maximum I would spend in Malacca.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,256 posts
5,497 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Many days in Malacca please?

Sort of depends on how leisurely you travel, how long you intend to be in Malaysia and the rest of SE Asia and the purpose of your stay. For more active sightseeing, I agree with Jadamros on the 2 Nights (2 or 3 days) being plenty to see the important attractions in Melaka.

However, it is a nice place to pass the time as well. So spending longer is ok if you have time to kill and are just looking for a place to relax, read and catch up on emails (or TA reviews). More than 4 nights though might be a stretch.

3. Re: How Many days in Malacca please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:19