We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brighton, england
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Hi everyone,

We fly into KL from Langkawi on a Friday at 1.30pm & are trying to get to Melacca without having to go into KL centre.

Do you know if any Melacca hotels collect from KL airport & if so is it free?

Or any ideas how much a taxi would cost?

We are currently boked into a hotel in KL from 10th Nov, but due to Obgom conference, hotel is double the cost! So am trying to stay in Melacca for two nights then back to KL when prices are back to normal.

All advice greatly received!

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Hi there,

I'm not sure which hotels in Malacca can arrange pick up for you but presumably most 3 stars and above. This can be done by emailing the hotel for quotation. Do you have any hotels in mind ? Or do you have a budget so that I can recommend some hotels for you?

The taxi from KLIA to Malacca town is RM145 one way !

By the way, you can either spell Malacca (English) or Melaka (Malay) but not Melacca, :-P

brighton, england
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Was thinking renaissance or equatorial, if they do KLIA pick ups. Otherwise the Hotel Puri, ore Aldy, seem to be getting good reviews.

The problem booking hotels from over here in the UK, is that the extra charge for my 3 year old seems really steep (up to 90 rgts per night!). I'm sure this is mainly a charge being pocketed by the travel agents - so was thinking of trying to book hotel from Langkawi.

If you have any great ideas they will be greatfully received!

Thanks for the tip on spelling Melaka (will stick to the Malay way!)

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Hi there,

Renaissance is the only five star hotel in old commercial center of Melaka and Equatorial Hotel is the best four star hotel in town located at the commercial and historical heart of the town. Overall, Equatorial has it all and it is newer than Renaissance which was built more than 20 years ago. The latter used to be more elegant but after catering to tour groups and last renovation have made the lobby look rather tacky.

Hotel Puri is a boutique hotel at the china town area (where the antique shops and ornate old shop houses are). The room is basic and you won't get amenities of a 4 stars hotel. That means your toddler probably will have nothing to do. Hotel Aldy is located near the Studhuy and is also a boutique hotel. Hotel Puri is definitely more recommended than Hotel Aldy if you want to go for small and intimate hotel.

For online hotel booking in Melaka, you can go to hotel's own page (by typing the name in google.com) or check out the following web site.

http://www.malacca-hotels.com/

If your toddler does not need extra bed, you do not have to pay, for most Malaysian hotels.

If you have more than 2 days in Melaka, I recommend going to the Air Keroh area (the administrative and recreational area of Melaka ) where you can visit the zoo, crocodile farm, mini Malaysia and mini Asean and so on. You can get more details from the web site given above. The Melaka Zoo is one of the best in the country.

Have a nice day!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Hi, the Malacca hotels could provide the airport transfer, but at a cost, and I should think it will be very expensive.

A TA forum user, had previously taken a fixed coupon fare taxi from KLIA into Malacca; though the taxi driver took some time to navigate around the town and find his/her place of accommodation. The one way fare that he/she paid, and was shared with other TA forum users was RM144.00/taxi. Taxi category: budget taxi.

Nonetheless, it was noticed that your selection of hotels are pretty well known landmarks, and I think it should be no problem locating them, even after getting some road directions from locals.

Alternatively, once you have decided on your hotel, you could trawl their website or have them to fax you a route map to their hotel, from Ayer Keroh Toll plaza.

Otherwise, am sure many TA forum user will be able to provide road directions over here.

Though your screename may suggests that you have a toddler with you, and if that is the case may be; you may want, in your selection of hotels, to ensure their bathroom comes with a bathtub, when bathing baby.

brighton, england
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Thank you everyone for your good advice.

Will make our own way to Melaka on the bus.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

hiya toddler in tow i emailed the aldy hotel to see if they a transfer and they said no!! dont know about the other hotels, iv to go from kl as well by coach when are you in melaka??

norway
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

hi

i have just returned from my malaysia trip.

it is easy to get to malacca from KL on the comfortable bus.

the buses run frequently from puduraya bus station and costs

9,50 ringgit (transnational).it takes approx 2 hours.

as for "Puri" hotel,it is a wonderful place to stay in malacca.

the price for a standard room is 110 ringgit plus taxes incl breakfast.

check www.hotelpuri.com

have a nice trip!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

hiya candy thanks for the info:-)) is there a specific coach company you advise to go with? or do you just go on any available?? doing the trip 15th december thanks maggieomx

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Hi all,

There are coaches from Puduraya to Melaka every hour, offering quite the same standard of service and price.

Transnational is quite commonly used by tourists probably because of their big sale counter and recommended by most guidebooks.

However, as long as the express buses advertise "from KL to Melaka (via Air Keroh) non stop", you can hop on to any of the bus without booking. There are buses that go to Melaka via another highway like Alor Gajah. They take slightly longer journey as there is a stop at Alor Gajah town before Melaka town. People are also more likely to get off along the way to the town.

I once took an executive coach for under RM10 one way but I'm not sure if it is still running. The coach was very comfy as it had fewer seats and more leg room than normal economy coach.

melaka
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: any Melacca hotels provide pickup transport from KL airport?

Try Tropical-Serene Sdn. Bhd. They rent out apartments in the centre of Melaka. Their prices are reasonable and the apartemnts are very clean. See www.tropical-serene.nl or call +60126373828