We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe area in Mobile, Alabama

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Safe area in Mobile, Alabama

I am traveling through Mobile and would like to know if the area this hotel is located in is fairly safe. Don't want to stay in a rundown area. We're staying one night.

Is this area the area known as Daphne?

La Quinta Inn Mobile

816 West I-65 Service Rd South, Mobile, AL 36609

US
Level Contributor
456 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe area in Mobile, Alabama

No, area is not Daphne. Daphne is across the bay and is a better area in my opinion. Service Road can be congested expecially on weekends.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe area in Mobile, Alabama

That's a pretty decent area. There's a big mall just across I 65. Just W of your hotel is Brick Pit. It's some fine BBQ. Don't miss it if you have time. Good luck.

http://www.brickpit.com/

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,299 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe area in Mobile, Alabama

continue across I-10 to 98 exit for hampton and several others or next hwy181 for several additional choices. Use google map features to ID hotels at exits

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,299 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe area in Mobile, Alabama

La Quinta Inn & Suites DaphneAddress:‎

8946 Sawwood Street

Daphne, AL 36526

Get directions

(251) 338-6555

This is at the second exit past the water --hiway 181--great area with big shopping area across the road and good eating choices--couldn't do better!!!

5. Re: Safe area in Mobile, Alabama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Mobile