We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western on Moffett Road

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
925 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western on Moffett Road

We will be traveling from Ark. to NWFL & thinking of stopping @ this Best Western on Fri. night in August. I want to be close to the interstate so we hopefully can avoid the bad traffic on Saturday. Is this a good area to stay in & what time should we try to go through the tunnel before the traffic usually gets bad on a Saturday? Thanks for any info!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western on Moffett Road

My preference would be to cross the bay and stay in Daphne, AL (lots of nice hotels and restaurants). We always feel relieved to get past Mobile's congestion. However, this Best Western seems to get decent reviews if the location and cost works best for you.

As for the tunnel, we either time our drive for very early before the traffic gets bad or we stay on 98 and use the Bankhead Tunnel instead - you can get on I-10 in Daphne. You can also use truck route 98 and use Bay Bridge Road to avoid the I-10 tunnel.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
477 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western on Moffett Road

Correct Daphne or downtown Mobile would be much safer.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western on Moffett Road

I understand I am the lone voice in the wilderness but for years I have not taken 98 into Mobile

From Hattiesburg take 98 to 49(gulfport) to 67(Biloxi)continue on 15 to I 10 at Biloxi..head to Mobile!! This does not avoid the tunnel in Mobile but certainly avoids West Mobile. Google says 15--17 minutes more. I believe it is actually faster

For this poster..Look at motels at the corner of 90 and I 10

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
925 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western on Moffett Road

Thanks for the info. I think we will stay in Hattiesburg & leave from there early Sat. morning. Hopefully we will get down 98 & through the tunnel before the traffic gets bad. Last Summer I went through there on a Sat. afternoon in June & the traffic was backed up for a couple of hours. I am hoping in August there won't be as many travelers.

5. Re: Best Western on Moffett Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Mobile