We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay in orange beach/gulf shores.

2 posts
Save Topic
places to stay in orange beach/gulf shores.

I am looking to find a nice place on the beach for my wife, 6 yr old son, 6 mo. old daughter and myself. Looking for something in the $175 to $200 a night for 3 to 4 nights. It would also be nice if the place had a nice pool, and great beachfront. I would appreciate any advise in short noice we plan on arriving the first week in april.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to stay in orange beach/gulf shores.

Are you looking for a condo or a house? At that price a condo is the choice. There are plenty of nice places in OB and Gulf Shores in that price range. Spring break is going on, so there may be a little more limited selection. Check out the rental companies (www.meyerre.com, www.kaiserrealty.com) and vrbo.com. For your price range I would also look on West Beach Blvd in Gulf Shores. Just tell the rental folks what you're looking for and they'll steer you in the right direction.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to stay in orange beach/gulf shores.

depending on the time of year, it sometimes is hard to find a rental that will let you rent for less than a week.

There are a couple of hotels that are managed by brett robinson realty that are beach front suites with full kitchens, nice clean pool, great location,,And no restrictions on the days you have to stay.. It's called phoenix all suites hotel, and all suites hotel west.

we stayed in the west location in september, and it was really clean, all rooms are beach front...

they have only one bedroom, but have bunk beds in the hall........

Level Contributor
340 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to stay in orange beach/gulf shores.

We just got back from staying at the Island House Hotel in Orange Beach. This is our second time staying here and we will stay again. The rate was about $150 per night. We didn't have a refrigerator or anything but you may be able to ask for one. What is great about this hotel is that it has an unusual curve shape to it so each room has a great view of the gulf. Also the pool area is great and the landscaping is beautiful. This is a smaller hotel which is something we liked. We went to a conference at a larger hotel down the road and just didn't like the feel of being surrounded by big amounts of strangers. I dont' know, we just feel safe at the Island House. The beach itself is very nice and wide here and the water is great. It's not a fancy hotel, but it is a nice one.

revere, ma
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to stay in orange beach/gulf shores.

I've always found that the very best way to stay anywhere is to check out ads by timeshare owners who wish to rent their units out rather than travel there for this year. In that way, you get (1) a full condo apartment with a fully equipped kitchen (including all manner of pots, pans, cups, glasses, kitchen utensils, etc.) that has been professionally cleaned by resort housekeeping, (2) oftentimes an optimal location directly on the beach, (3) resort activities, and (4) a price that is most often much better than the resort's PLUS there would be no charge for state and local tax (as would be charged by the resort and any other licensed lodging establishment).

Where to find such ads? Sites like vacationtimesharerentals.com and myresortnetwork.com. Also, redweek.com but that site apparently charges a memebership fee to view their listings.

Just make sure that the person who cliams to be an owner is indeed an owner by checking with the resort management company.

For example, a 1 BR, 1 1/2 bath on the beach at a 5 star resort like Escapes! to the Gulf at Orange Beach might cost about $1200 or more per week if you were to deal with the resort management and pay not only their rates but also state and local taxes. Owners might rent out the same week for a total of several hundred dollars less.

Just don't buy a timeshare week while you're there (at any timeshare destination worldwide) or you'll pay dearly for your vacation (which means politely decline their invitation to attend a sales presentation if they offer). :-)

5. Re: places to stay in orange beach/gulf shores.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 20:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question