We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

NE Missouri
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

Our family from the Show-Me State is contemplating our 2009 summer vacation and a possible return trip to the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area. I've introduced our youngest to Trip Advisor and she's really enjoying it! She wanted me to write a post that says how much she enjoyed staying at Orange Beach in summer 2007. She was impressed by the clean beach and enjoyed the condominium we rented through Meyer Realty in the Silver Beach building.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

I'm glad she enjoyed our area! I love Silver Beach because the living room and master bedroom both have that Gulf Front balcony. Nice property in a good location.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

Tell her, I love it too..........

Have you thought about taking her to see the blue angels practice in pennsicola??

She might like the museum there too.

NE Missouri
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

Thank you. The Blue Angels is a great idea - she agreed over her pancakes this morning! In summer '07 we went to the water park, The Wharf, a big go-kart track and arcade, and some really fun restaurants, including Tacky Jack's and Lulu's to name a couple. Had fun at all these places and enjoyed the days/evenings we spent just hanging out on the beach and at the condo.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

Branson is having an airshow with the thunderbirds in may at the grand opening of the airport, SHe might like to go there for that, since I see you live in MO.

Have you tried the Hangout in gulf shores,

It is a super fun restaurant, KInda like Lu LU's..

Right at the T, of 59 and the main beach road...

julz in illinois
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

how far is it to the blue angels muesuem from orange beach?

Alabama
Level Contributor
86 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

It is about 25 miles but will take about 45 minutes. If you go to the Blue Angels web site it will tell you when they will be practicing. It is great to take chairs and watch the practice, then go to the museum. I took my kids a few years back and had to drag them out of the museum after several hours. It is one of the best museums I have seen -- you can get in the planes, there are several simulators, and it didn't seem crowded despite the large number of people who came for the practice. The kids loved that we were there when the pilots came in and did autographs. Pensacola is a fun beach community, so you should check out the beaches and the downtown area as long as you are there.

7. Re: Orange Beach Opinion of a 10 Year-Old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 14:39
Get answers to your questions about Orange Beach
Recent Conversations