We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for House to rent on the gulf

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Looking for House to rent on the gulf

We have been going to Panama City Beach, Fl. for 7 years. Thought we would try something different and everyone is saying to to Orange Beach and surrounding areas. We looking for a 2 - 3 bdrm, 2 bath house right on the Gulf to rent. We want to walk right off of the porch and onto the beach. it will be 3 adults and 2 girls 2 & 5 yrs. old. Will be there for 6 nites. Don't want a high rise, too complicated with little ones. Also looking for fun things to do, I've been surfing on the web and found The Wharf, Zoo, Putt -Putt, Dolphin Cruise, and of course good places to eat. But I guess my main concern is the rental, Were spoiled from PCB, cause we've rented the same house for 7 years and each year they give us a better rate, but we wanted to try something different.. I've tried looking at some Realtor's sites but they want too much info (personal) for someone that's just inquiring, so any help would be appreciated. Our Plans are to arrive on Sat. May 22 - May 28...Thanks, Mimi

Mentioned in this post
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
The Gulf
The Gulf
1,591 Reviews
Orange Beach, AL
The Wharf
The Wharf
1,139 Reviews
Orange Beach, AL
Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for House to rent on the gulf

Try looking at vrbo.com--you should be able to find rental houses for both Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. If I remember correctly, it seems that there are more houses for rent in GS than OB. Your idea of being in a house with little ones is a good one; much easier than dealing with condos/high rises unless you can find a lower level condo and/or a low rise building.

We love picking up seafood from local markets down there--they'll cook it for you and it's always delicious with good prices. We've also enjoyed several restaurants down there--The Shrimp Basket, Original Oyser House, The Wagon Wheel, just to name a few. There's an Italian place at the Wharf that's good too--but I can't recall the name--sorry!

Both cities have terrific playgrounds that your kids might enjoy as well. They are so cute and it seems that the kids always have fun there. We found it helpful to go in the late afternoon/early evening so it wasn't so hot. The GS playground is shaded too. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Shrimp Basket
Shrimp Basket
1,171 Reviews
Orange Beach, AL
The Wharf
The Wharf
1,139 Reviews
Orange Beach, AL
Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for House to rent on the gulf

Thanks, I've looked on VRBO, but when thru the list quite quickly, I'll take the time this afternoon to study it better....2 months and counting till R & R..Thanks again

West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
516 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for House to rent on the gulf

Be sure to check the Gulf Shores list when using vrbo...it's much more extensive (lots more houses available in Gulf Shores). The two towns are contiguous.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Looking for House to rent on the gulf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 05:05
5. Re: Looking for House to rent on the gulf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 05:15