We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All You Can Eat Seafood?

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
All You Can Eat Seafood?

Are there any "All You can Eat" Seafood places in the Gulf Shores area? We would specifically like some Crab Claws or Crab Legs. We have tried Hazel's last vacation and were less than impressed. Anyone have any suggestions?

Foley, Alabama
Level Contributor
304 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All You Can Eat Seafood?

Hello sandybeach ---

Four top of mind places that offer AYCE seafood are:

1) Gulf Shores: SEA N SUDS offers AYCE fried Mullet two days a week.

2) Gulf Shores: HAPPY HARBOR Oyster Bay has AYCE seafood specials of the day.

3) Foley: FISH RIVER GRILL 2 has AYCE fried MS catfish.

4) Orange Beach: FISH CAMP --- I haven't been in years. I don't know what they offer on their buffet.

Since you mentioned Hazels there is no need to.

Last year when restaurants were really suffering some like Cottons (I can't remember the others) offered AYCE Crab Legs --- probably as a loss leader. They don't come from these waters so in my opinion it makes little difference if you get them from say a Red Lobster or other chain. You will be able to find them most places. Even the Asian AYCE restaurants like JADE GARDEN in Foley offer an option to purchase.

I don't know of anyplace that serves AYCE Crab Claws. Maybe someone else might know.

West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
495 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All You Can Eat Seafood?

I second beachriver.

Also check Mikee's in Gulf Shores and Shrimp Basket in several locations. If you pick up a copy of the Mullet Wrapper - free local publication - you can get more specific info re: what and when.

southern il
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All You Can Eat Seafood?

Is it Hazels that has the good breakfast?

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All You Can Eat Seafood?

"Is it Hazels that has the good breakfast?"

I'm not one of them, but some people think so. Hazel's seems to be a love or hate relationship for a lot of people.

Foley, Alabama
Level Contributor
304 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All You Can Eat Seafood?

Hey JenJay --- some breakfast places (I never get to go to!) that are on my list are:

1)PERDIDO BEACH RESORT (Orange Beach) --- a buffet at the resort but anyone can go.

2) COBALT (Orange Beach) --- their food is great so I can only dream about breakfast. CTSnowbird let me in on this little known fact.

3) KITTY'S CAFE (Gulf Shores) --- they supposedly serve BF all day (but I'm not in the mood except a.m.s so I haven't been). Bamanascar seems to like this one so I want to make a point to try it.

4) MAGNOLIA HOUSE (Foley) --- brunch sounds elegant. dd --- isn't this one one of your favs? Seems I first heard of it from you.

5) FISH RIVER GRILL #2 (Foley) --- THE MOST FUN sounding menu ANYWEHRE! Tomato gravy, AYCE fried catfish and other expected Southern goodies.

6) DUCK's (Orange Beach) --- been there.

7) HAZEL's (Gulf Shores) --- I like that the food is homemade and I especially love the retro look of it. Would I recommend? Yes --- but I don't plan to write a review.

8) FOLEY'S COFFEE SHOP --- a diner/dive in the truest sense. Written up by ROADFOOD authors. Lot's of "sug" used. Nice murals on the buildings.

9) CAFE BEIGNET (G.S. and O.B.) --- lots of guests like. I only take out not eat in. Not like Cafe Du Monde --- but it could have something to do w/the location, chickory coffee, atmosphere etc.

10) THE HANGOUT (G.S.) --- has Pirate's and Princess breakfast. Have never been. I'd go --- but wonder why the restaurant doesn't seem to garner more favorable reviews.

BRUNCHES:

1) VILLAGGIO GRILLE (the Wharf) is my fav but I'm DYING to have Grilled Salmon Benedict at their sister restaurant ELLI's BISTRO.

You may also want to try LES ROUX (Foley) --- they have a jazz brunch. Never been. Would love to know about it.

Here is a little known tip: some of the BEST cinnamon rolls I've had came from OLD WORLD PIZZA in Gulf Shores. I can't get out a.m.s so it has been a long while since I've had them. They go fast so better get an early start if you want to try them!

There is also a new bakery in Gulf Shores SUGARBUG or something like that I want to try. I tried once but it was closed. They have quiche and other goodies.

Foley, Alabama
Level Contributor
304 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All You Can Eat Seafood?

p.s. "I don't plan to write a review" is code for I refuse to say anything negative in my reviews

... I just don't write reviews for places I've had bad or inconsistent experiences.

I also don't write reviews based on one experience --- I like to go to eat at least three or four times unless one experience is exceptionally good.

Here is a list of reviews I've written of restaurants in and around the Gulf Shores area for your reference.

My interest is to review and help promote businesses in the Gulf Shores area : tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/beachnriver

Hope this helps ... and have fun selecting!

p.s. if you find any of the reviews helpful click the button --- writing reviews/answering on forums is all voluntary and it helps to know what info ppl respond to.

7. Re: All You Can Eat Seafood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 13:16