We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach in October

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
The Beach in October

Planning an early October trip to Orange Beach. How is the water temperature during that time and is October still a good time to head to the beach?

Springfield, TN
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beach in October

I've been to Orange Beach in mid-October for each of the last two years, and I'm going again this year. The temperature has always been warm but not hot, the water is warm, and the beach is uncrowded. It's a great time of year at Orange Beach.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beach in October

I've been there in September and November, the temps are great. The water is perfect! I've gone in April and the water is so cold, it's painful:)

Suwanee, GA
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beach in October

Hey don't tell anyone the secret that Oct is the best month to be in GS / OB. Warm waters (80's) and cooler days (80's). No people, no waits, no traffic and great rates. I have went in early October for the last 7 years. Can't wait for Oct 8th to get here. 9 great days. Weekend of 8th - thunder on the gulf and the next weekend national shrimp festival. Come on down.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
903 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beach in October

We have been the last 2 yrs. in early Oct. & the weather was wonderful. The air temps were very comfortable & the water still warm. I think it's a great time to be at the beach!

5. Re: The Beach in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 August 2011, 13:37
Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beach in October

We vist in May and Oct every year for the last 10 years except the Ivan year. We were actually there in Sep. the year Ivan came to shore. We had to evacuate. But the water temp in May and Oct is great. Best time of the year to visit. We have been in April as well and the water is always cold. Were spending 2 weeks in mid Oct really looking forward to this trip. As always.

Hammond, Louisiana
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beach in October

My birthday is Oct. 7 and I am wanting to go to Gulf Shores. Hope the weather is great! :)

Suwanee, GA
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beach in October

Accuweather says it's going to be in the high 80's. Water temp holding at 83. Looks good will be down the 7th.

9. Re: The Beach in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 04:18