We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for good charter fishing group in Gulf shores.

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for good charter fishing group in Gulf shores.

Wanting to take my two boys out fishing while the ladies spend day together. Boys are 22 and 14. I have been deep sea fishing in Cozumel and would like something like that except I'm on a shoestring budget this time so really need to save. Would be willing to bring own beer and lunch just interested in the fishing not the other amenities.

Yukon, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for good charter fishing group in Gulf shores.

I was there in May. The beach attendant recommended Zeke's for deep sea fishing. He said that is who he uses. We didn't go fishing in May, I was asking for our trip in July for my husband, brother in law, and nephew.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for good charter fishing group in Gulf shores.

A charter is going to run you several hundreds of dollars. I would think around six to eight hundred. There are several walk-on charters at the various marinas that you might enquire about which will be about $75.00 or so a person. No frills, just straight bottom fishing . Another option is to check with the tackle shops and get a private inshore guide that will probably do a day trip for a few hundred dollars catching mostly speckled trout and redfish. They might be willing to go outside the pass and get you on the mackerel and whatever else is around the jetties. The tackle shops I use are J & M and Top Gun but there are others.

Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for good charter fishing group in Gulf shores.

Thanks Robert this is actually really helpful. I was hoping for $100-125 a person. This will really help our search. I will let you know what we find.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for good charter fishing group in Gulf shores.

Check with Zeke's Landing in OS.

http://www.zekeslanding.com/

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for good charter fishing group in Gulf shores.

The biggest charter offices are at Zeke's Marina, San Roc Cay, The Wharf Marina and Orange Beach Marina.

6. Re: Looking for good charter fishing group in Gulf shores.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 10:15