We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charters

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Charters

Anybody know of a good charter boat? I have been getting mixed reviews on some.. Anyone went fishing lately and used a good charter boat? Which ones you can just go as a walk on, because don't know yet how many in our group is going. We will be going at end of month. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks again.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
564 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charters

Beachfun, all the charters are on the fish right now. I have seen tons of Snapper coming in. Call the charter offices of either Zekes Marina, Orange Beach Marina, San Roc Cay or the Wharf. Outcast Charters by the state line does really well. Most of the captains I know do inshore trips for specs, reds and flounder. There are a few walk-on charters in town. I believe the Zeke's Lady is still running but I you would need to call the charter office to confirm that. That will be bottom fishing offshore if they are still there. Another option would be to call J & M tackle or Top Gun Tackle and get some suggestions for offshore captains. They will steer you in the right direction and hook you up with a good boat as happy customers are good for both the charter fleet and the tourism industry in Orange Beach. Best wishes on catching your limits.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charters

Thanks Robert C for the help and options you have given.

Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charters

How many are in your group I have 3 and trying to get a 6 person 4 or 5 hour trolling trip? I'm on a waiting list, but haven't had a lot of luck.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charters

For the time we going alot of the places I checked into were already booked. I found one MDG Charters, from the what it sounds he does different types of fishing. If you would want to call yourself to find out more information,to see if this what your looking for the number is 850-418-1473 and his name is Captain Mike. Don't know if good or not, first time using him. Giving him a try. I know the first two people or $450 and then each additional person is $50 more. Don't know if this is what your looking for, but just a suggestion.

5. Re: Charters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Orange Beach