We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perdido Key--Ocean Breeze East and West

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sedalia, Missouri
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Perdido Key--Ocean Breeze East and West

This is the second summer that our family will return to Orange Beach/Perdido Key area. Last year, we stayed in Orange Beach East, at the Wind Drift Condos. We really enjoyed our stay, but thought we might be interested in staying in Perdido Key this summer.

I have been looking at VRBO at a condo located in the Ocean Breeze West. Can anyone give me information about this condo and area---is the condo reputable, does it have pools, direct gulf-front, and would it be a suitable area for a family with a teenager and elementary aged child?

Thanks for your help!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perdido Key--Ocean Breeze East and West

The area would be suitable for you but there isn't much around there that will interest your teen except the beach itself. Those condos are located at the nearly easternmost point of developed Perdido Key. There is a small shopping center close by and few restaurants but nothing else. You are about twenty or so miles from the "T" in Gulf Shores. They do have an outdoor pool though. Have you thought about West Beach in Gulf Shores?

Strafford MO
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perdido Key--Ocean Breeze East and West

I'm from Southwest MO and have been to the area several times, (stays in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and Perdido Key), and for us, it's Perdido Key. It's less-congested (for truer R&R), but close to both GS/OB and Pensacola.

(Pensacola is a delightful bayside city that's nearly the size of Columbia MO - the Naval Air Museum is a must, and be sure to load up a cooler with fresh seafood from Joe Patti's Market for the trip home!)

We have stayed at Sandy Key condos twice in Perdido Key - similar price/amenities as Ocean Breeze, but it's at the east end of the 'condo strip', and immediately east of there is the Gulf Islands National Seashore. This several-mile stretch of uncrowded, beautiful public beach is why us midwesterners go to the gulf ... and it's just a short walk right outside our condo door!

You or your family won't be disappointed with staying in Perdido Key.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 16:23
Mississippi
Level Contributor
48 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perdido Key--Ocean Breeze East and West

We have stayed at OBW, and really enjoyed it. It's very quiet, and because of the private beach access, were able to enjoy the sunset without too much of a crowd. With kids, you will either be heading toward Pensacola or Orange Beach for activities.

Atmore
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perdido Key--Ocean Breeze East and West

Not sure of that condo, my parents owned one in Perdido Key called Seaspray and it was very nice...very quiet area. i agree, there won't be much for your teen to do, unless they bring a friend, but you will be close to Pensacola and there is plenty to do there if you just wanted to ride over. You will get a much better night's sleep in Perdido Key...this is the reason my parents sold their unit in Gulf Shores (Island Winds East)...you could never sleep there in the summer. Kids running up and down the stairwells ALL NIGHT screaming etc...riding the elevators up and down all night, amusement park right across the street. We enjoyed our stays more in Perdido Key. have fun!

5. Re: Perdido Key--Ocean Breeze East and West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 07:16