We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribe resort in mid February

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Uncasville...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Caribe resort in mid February

Hello,

I am looking for a condo for my retired parents to stay for a couple of weeks in mid February. I would like to visit them while they are away and I have one child.

I am wondering if the Caribe Resort has heated outdoor pools so that we could use them in mid February.

Also, how is walking on the beach. Will it be mild enough to enjoy walking. How far is the beach from the Caribe?

How about playing tennis outdoors...are courts open?

In general, are there any retirees staying at this condo resort in the winter?

If so, what is your experience there?

It is freezing in the Northeast and it would be nice for my parents to escape it in mid February, if that is possible at the Caribe.

Thanks for your advice!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribe resort in mid February

Caribe is very nice year round. They have indoor heated pools. I don't know about outside, the pools are so big that I doubt it would be efficient to heat them. I may be wrong though. Tennis, Bocce, and the putting green are open. The resort itself is on the bayside of Perdido Pass but the beach actually starts at the edge of Caribe and Cobalt and wraps around the Pass to the Gulf side. It is the preferred spot for many people because the surf in the pass is not as bad as the gulf and there aren't rip currents in the pass. There is ample parking at the resort, under the Pass bridge at Alabama Point beach access and across Beach Blvd for beach access as well. Yes, it will be mild enough for walks. I have stayed at Caribe many times and have never seen a bad unit. They have fast elevators, covered parking, you will get a private spot. The balconies are very nice also. I don't know about the retiree part. Retirees are scattered all over the island. Gulf Shores will be snowbird haven through April and they have regular meetings and gatherings at the local restaurants so I'm sure your parents will not be alone. The post office seems to be a popular gathering spot too. Not sure why, but it's always packed with snowbirds.

2. Re: Caribe resort in mid February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 05:18