We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

Has anyone ever rented from this agency before? What was your experience with them good or bad. I've had some bad experiences with some rental agencies. I try to rent directly from owners. Found this one condo and it is nice on the internet, but through a rental agency. Any info would be appreciated about this rental agency.

26 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

We have rented from Laura before and have always had good results. If any problem arises she has it corrected immediately. Her rates are more than fair and units clean and well stocked.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

Thank You so much for your help.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,369 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

Whoa now ..that rec was from a first time poster..be cautious

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

Do you have any info on this place Felschurch? Are you familiar with Laura's vacation rentals. Would like any negative or positive answers on this place. Thanks

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,369 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

No , I have no knowledge of them. I may be old school but i like a physical address of a business and there is none on the website, There is a broker from Exit Realty, Charles Ogletree associated. with the business. so that can be checked. There is a positive review on VRBO

I have done at least 2 month long VRBO's for the past 2 years for thousands of $$ from different owners so I know you want good info.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

I know little about rental companies, but Charlie Ogletree has been working in real estate here forever. He seems to have a decent enough reputation (for a realtor).

Good call, Dave, on the single post recommendation. That sort of thing runs rampant on TA. There is one Gulf Shores hotel whose first 10 reviews (all glowing) were from first time posters, and all within a couple of weeks. It was so obviously a set-up of fake reviews that it was pretty funny.

Between fake reviews and Chamber of Commerce shills this board retains its South Alabama "flava"...

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

I wouldn't send people mixed info about a place I stayed. Just hope I get that in return. Just trying to find a nice place to stay at a affordable price. You want to go on a vacation but you also have to watch the budget. That's all my family and I want. I'm also new to this website, so that's why I ask for help. So I hope I'm not getting misleading info. Just honest opinions on others stays at different places would help. Thanks again to those out there for their help.

Gulf Shores, AL
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

beachfun15, TA is a great source of info as long as you pay attention to the source. You can easily spot posts from people shilling specific businesses or attractions. Enjoy your time on TA.

Kansas
Level Contributor
228 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

We have gone to Gulf Shores / Orange Beach many times, and always rent through Kaiser Realty. It looks like they are associated with (or were bought by) Wyndham now, but we just booked with them for late Spring 2014, and it was the same great people we've always called. Sorry I don't know about the other outfit, but we feel safer sticking with a known entity, and Kaiser is always great to us. We'll be hitting the new Cottages at Romar and will be reporting back to TA!

Hull, tx
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''

We just stayed at one of her condos. During our stay one of the ac units never would cool the rooms. We woke up pouring sweat the first night. We called maintenance to look at it. They informed us that it was just a poor design. We managed to make the best of a bad situation however by the last morning both units had stopped cooling. My mother in law sent an email upon check out and despite the fact that it was only 1 and check in is at 4, she responded saying that both units are fine and both cleaning lady and current guests seem to be enjoying their stay. When we tried to call her she refuses to talk to clients on the phone. She was very hateful and unprofessional. I will never use her company again due to the fact that she does not stand behind her business. She is a woman who in my eyes lacks integrity.

Reply to: ''Laura's Vacation Rentals''
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orange Beach