We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wintzell's in Orange Beach...

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wintzell's in Orange Beach...

They are obviously a franchise with many locations around Alabama. Does anyone know if the Wintzell's in OB serves local seafood? Are the oysters Apalachicola and the shrimp from the gulf?

Just curious if anyone is in the know.

West Hartford...
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
467 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wintzell's in Orange Beach...

If you're a real oyster fan, you will probably like this place. I've heard that they claim their fish and shrimp are local. Not being an oyster fan, I've only eaten there once - for lunch, which, at best, was ordinary fried food.

Check the restaurant reviews at the top of this page for more datails.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wintzell's in Orange Beach...

Last time I ate there was last year and the oysters were very small. They were Bon Secour oysters though.

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wintzell's in Orange Beach...

thanks for the responses, we ended up going to Wintzell's 3 times this week for their 3 o'clock happy hour special...$6 per dozen and the oysters were tasty and fresh. Best oyster deal I could find in the area.

4. Re: Wintzell's in Orange Beach...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:16