We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Wharf Orange Beach - anyone stay there and how is it?

Nacogdoches, Texas
8 posts
Save Topic
The Wharf Orange Beach - anyone stay there and how is it?

Thinking about booking a room this summer at the Wharf in Orange Beach. We have 3 small kids who love to swim - love the beach too but always end up back at the pool so was thinking since the Wharf has such an awesome looking lazy river/pool. Does anyone know how far from the beah it is? Are the condos nice? Is the pool area far from the rooms, etc? Recommendations?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Wharf Orange Beach - anyone stay there and how is it?

The wharf condos are very nice. I have been in several units and thought highly of them. I even noticed the construction of the condos was better than average with very secure hand and guard rails in place on all balconys and and walkways. I don't know why that stood out to me but it did and I still remember it. The pool is not located with the condos but is a short drive away further on the Wharf property. The beach in Orange Beach is approximately five to six miles away and about eight to ten to get to West Beach in Gulf Shores. The restaurants that are available at the Wharf are outstanding. There is also a movie theater and ferris wheel on the property. Being away from the beach is an issue for some but the condos are first class IMO.

Salina, Kansas
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Wharf Orange Beach - anyone stay there and how is it?

I had a question about the Wharf as well, so I am going to highjack just a little. ;) I have seen where people have said they enjoyed The Oasis with their children. Is the Oasis a separate entity that anyone can pay to go to, or is it reserved exclusively for those staying on the property? I cannot seem to find much information on it, but it looks like a fun place to spend the afternoon.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Wharf Orange Beach - anyone stay there and how is it?

This question was asked last week or so in another thread. It will be a recent one. I left a link in that thread for the new management company of the Oasis pool and the Wharf condos in general. They used to do day passes. I haven't heard back either way if they still do or don't. If you put "oasis Pool" in the search box above you can easily find that forum. It may be in the Gulf Shores or Orange Beach forums so check both.

4. Re: The Wharf Orange Beach - anyone stay there and how is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16