We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th weekend short trip report

ohio
Level Contributor
501 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th weekend short trip report

Flew into PNS. 1 hour drive to OB. Stayed at Phoenix V - the condo itself was excellent but the elevators were not always running so waits exceeding 1/2 hour on weekend mornings. I'm not used to staying at such a large complex.

Weather was great, spent most of the time at the beach. Ate 1 dinner at Cosmos - it was ok (blackened group, banana wrapped fish...). For $25 - $30, I have had better meals. Service was excellent. Got takeout at Bravo Tacos - really excellent food ~$10 combos.

Rented jet skies at Happy Harbor which the kids liked.

Because of the early checkout time and no common facilities at Phoenix V, we went 2 miles to the Gulf State Pavilion to get showers before the flight ($5 parking).

We have visited GS, OB, Perdido several times but hadn't stayed at one of the big condo places. The beach was quite crowded compared to the AL state parks or Johnson beach. May have to check out a house next time we visit.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th weekend short trip report

We stay in gulf shores at Island tower, and we have had the pools to ourselves many times, but we rarely go on holiday weeks.. We did this year go on memorial day weekend, by mistake...Booked way ahead, trying to avoid the musicfest . It was quite crowded the first 2 days.. I avoid all of the phoenix complexes based on their size..

There are some nice low rise townhouse complexes up and down the beach..

Ocean reef in Gulf shores is one..

Salina, Kansas
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th weekend short trip report

I am curious how much the jet ski rentals were?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th weekend short trip report

Thanks for the report...good to have reviews

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th weekend short trip report

http://www.happyharbors.com/waverunners.php Costs

Salina, Kansas
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: July 4th weekend short trip report

Thanks! ;)

6. Re: July 4th weekend short trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Orange Beach
Recent Conversations