We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a cheap place to stay in Orange Beach - Fast!

Which Orange Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guntersville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Need a cheap place to stay in Orange Beach - Fast!

My company is sending me to Orange Beach to work next week. They don't make allowances for the fact that this is a resort town as far as what they will pay for a hotel room($50 a night). I have been searching all the sites and can't find anything anywhere near at all. Is there anyone local who could advise me what to do or where to stay? Is there still a lot of damange from Hurricane Ivan? I wouldn't mind staying in another town close by if I have to but I am having no luck.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a cheap place to stay in Orange Beach - Fast!

There are a couple of chain hotels in Foley (next to the Riviera outlet shopping). If you remember there is a by-pass toll road that goes from Foley (or just southward) to Orange Beach that by-passes going all the way down 59 into Gulf Shores.

I don't know if they are $50 or not, but, they are cheaper, generally more available, and less than 10 years old and decent. My DH has stayed there when on fishing trips, etc.

Sorry I can't remember which chains, but try searching Foley here on trip advisor.

Good Luck!

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a cheap place to stay in Orange Beach - Fast!

There is a Key West Inn in Foley, also a Best WEstern ,I think. Try the Micortel Inn in Gulf Shores. The hurricane damage is slowly getting repaired. Several retail places have just opened up. The beaches are still closed however.