We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch near Ft. Benning

Montgomery, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Lunch near Ft. Benning

We have a group of 6 - looking for a nicer place to have a late lunch after my son's Turning Blue ceremony at Ft. Benning - Thurs. Feb. 24. Any ideas where we are sure not be be disappointed?

We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express, but it doesn't have to be near there.

3 replies to this topic
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
442 reviews
1. Re: Lunch near Ft. Benning

Our only experience in the area was at Macon Rd BBQ in Columbus which was excellent but definately not upscale. In fact I would describe it more as a BBQ dive but hey those places usually have the best que. I know they have an Outback and a Logan's in town and both are normally good options anywhere. Good luck.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Lunch near Ft. Benning

Country's has 3 location in Columbus if you like BBQ.

Country's BBQ @ 3137 Mercury Dr., Columbus, GA. 706 - 563 - 7604.

http://countrysbarbecue.com/

13th Street has good BBQ in Phenix City.

13th St. BBQ @ 1310 7th Avenue, Phenix City, AL 334 291 - 1833.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1 post
104 reviews
3. Re: Lunch near Ft. Benning

First off, congratulations to you son! We've just returned from Fort Benning from our son's Turning Blue ceremony and Graduation. We had lunch at a Longhorn off Macon Road (exit 6 off I-185). The restaurant wasn't much to look at as it was under renovation, but it gave the desired fare of steak. However, there will be a lot of folks from Fort Benning that will come here. So expect a small crowd. There are a couple other restaurants I was going to try based on the recommendations here at TripAdvisor, but we wanted something simple and sure.

Reply to: Lunch near Ft. Benning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Phenix City
Recent Conversations