We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mana or malolo

sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
mana or malolo

Hi we are going to Fiji with our 2 kids 3& 4yrs and are deciding whether to go to Man or Malolo Island. Both look really nice, however we would like some feedback regarding best child friendly resort and the beach.

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mana or malolo

Hi SydneyMumof2,

I havn't stayed at either resort and both seem to have good reviews.

Have seen Malolo and it looks lovely with good snorkelling.

Malolo is offering a free meal deal at the moment if you book 5 nights (and book before 28/3). We are trying to organise dates to book while the deal is still on - saves heaps as there are 6 of us travelling.

Good Luck with your planning.

Julie.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
308 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mana or malolo

Hi mum of 2

We are leaving for malolo next week. Having done plenty of research since christmas, I chose malolo for their kids club recomendations from this site. Our kids are aged 4 & 5.

Also the bures at malolo seem to be more athentic than the western looking ones on mana.

I will post a review upon our return!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mana or malolo

Hi,

Ive stayed at Mana for a week, during which we did a day trip to Malolo.

We liked Mana beach better as there is 2 wonderful beaches and a different water sport beach, while malolo only has one (although it was nice and seemed sheltered).

Both resorts were child friendly, but watching staff with kids in the 3-6yrs age group, i would have to say Malolo was more friendly with them and the kids club looked excellent with a wonderful kids centre and pool!

hope this is some help,

-kris

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mana or malolo

Mana has better and more extensive beaches. The beach in front of Malolo is nice but small. Better snorkeling at Mana is better.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mana or malolo

Hi, 10 years ago we took our 15 year old to Mana and it was wonderful. The beaches were superb. We walked around half the island on one day, and the 2nd half the next. Sunset Beach is glorious, near the airport. Very kid friendly. The kids club great, and we never saw son except at meals. The younger kids remained at the club while the adults had dinner, or baby-sitting is easily arranged. Highly recommended.

Colldoll

New South Wales
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: mana or malolo

Hi there i am a mum of 3 and we are off for our 4th Visit to Malolo - I have been to all the islands but with Kids would only stay at Malolo. The kids club is unbelievable . Sure the beach might be nice a Mana but that is it. As a mum - Malolo has a lot more going for it. The food is amazing and they cater for the kids wishes too. Dont stay anywhere else - See for yourself and Try Malolo

have fun and i cant wait to return in June 08

New Zealand
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: mana or malolo

Hi. We have just returned from a five day stay at Malolo. I cannot recommend more highly the staff at this resort - especially the wonderful ladies who run the kids club. Our children just loved there holiday here - they received so much attention from all the staff from the gardeners to the waiters and waitressess and of course the kids club ladies. We would not hesitate to return.

auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mana or malolo

Hi been to both but mana a lot more.

mana kids club is good but it would appear malolos might be better from reviews on here, i havent used it.

in my oponion mana itself is a better place to stay, bigger, better beaches, less wind, more sheltered, not a s"cooped up". Food is preety good. Lots of activities.

Our kids cry every year they leave mana. they love it

Regional Qld
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: mana or malolo

We have been to Shangri La Resort and Castaway 3 x now

Castaway is a fantastic family place, rooms are nice but bathrooms a bit mouldy (but Clean otherwise) We took eight of us in December 2007 and even though there was a cyclone we had a great time. Our oldest had her honeymoon at Mana but liked Castaway better. Hope this helps

Sydney
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: mana or malolo

Hi,

We just returned from our Honeymoon at Malolo Island Resort and I have to agree with most of the people that have replied that you definitely will not go wrong with Malolo. Although we were on our honeymoon we were never aware of children around and when you did see them the wonderful staff were having such fun with them. Beautiful staff, amazing food, spectacular sunsets and great kid facilites...when I do have children we will be going back to Malolo :) Good Luck and enjoy Fabulous Fiji!