We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

melbourne
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
smoking

hi im going to fiji in march next yaer, im going with friends and we are all big smokers can you somke cigarettes on malolo island and at the sofital

New Zealand
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

Sorry Trix, Fiji is now smoke free. A new decree from the current President Frank the banana :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

We were in Fiji in September and smoking was permitted. Alot of resorts have smoking and non smoking rooms.

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

I think fiji-grant's sense of humour kicked in there and his tongue was firmly in his cheek.

We haven't stayed at either of the places of your choice, but smoking was still legal in Fiji and some places have restrictions like in Aus. A quick email to both places will soon confirm for you what their individual policies are.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

Funny Grant!

Trix, if either are going to be smoke free, it might be the Sofital. I know the Westin and Sheratons are smokefree (around the world i think). I agree that a quick email to both will give you the answers. When/if you find out, could you let us know? thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking

Hi Trixi28,

We stayed at Sofitel and Likuliku in 2007 and the smoking rules seemed the same as in Aust.

We smoked outside our bure and when at the restaurant, would walk away from other diners to have a puff.

I am proudly a non-smoker now after 35 years of being a slave to them - horray !!!

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smoking

Hi Trix, We're going in 2 weeks, I hope it's NO SMOKING - I gave up 3 years ago after 20 odd years of smoking and it's the best thing ever. My partner is having another go to stop smoking this NY, so the harder it is to smoke the better. Sorry to sound like a reformed smoker, but I am one!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smoking

HI

Fiji-grant is right. Fiji is smoke free. I guess if you must you can smoke outdoors as long as it is well away from people. Maybe it would be the ideal time for you all to give it up. As a reformed smoker I am zero tolerant of smoking ( they say the reformed are the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Sorry.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smoking

Well if Fiji is suppose to be smoke free, someone had better tell them.

9. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 21:19