We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

Which Malolo Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

My family of 4 (6 and 8 year olds) will be staying at Malolo Island for 8 nights. Our first time to Fiji.

I am interested in kayaking to Castaway Island as I have read reviews that the snorkeling is great. I would also like to Island hop to one other Island. Can anyone tell me what their preference would be. I have no idea which islands Malolo take you to. Looking for an island that has fantastic snorkeling. Would the snorkeling be better than Malolo.

Any help is much appreciated, Shas

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

Hi Shas45,

The following link has activities offered at Malolo. Try contacting them for information and prices.

www.maloloisland.com/other-activities.cfm

Hope this helps.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

Maybe a daytrip to Mana would give you a bit of variety. Castaway is only just across the way and has fantastic snorkelling off the beach.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

Is the snorkeling better at Mana than Malolo?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

Hi I think snorkelling is better at Mana compared to Malolo....Nth Beach Mana has a good reef. But some of the best snorkelling I have ever done was at a little tiny island tucked away behind Castaways Island called Honeymoon Island. It is only a very short boat trip from where you are staying. Speak to the staff at your resort and ask for them to take you there. The snorkelling around this tiny deserted island is outstanding! We were taken there by a local while we were staying at Plantations island and asked him to take us to a great snorkelling spot and her dropped us off Honeymoon Island on the reef and we drifted over the reef in the current and he followed us along in his boat.(we didnt actually go on to the island). I am unsure what resorts take trips to the spot but if you ask them they may organise something for you. Im pretty fussy with my snorkelling spots but this spot was absolute magic!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,733 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

I would go to honeymoon island too. A few resorts do picnic trips there for a full or half day. Quite a few take their guests there to snorkel. I too expect a lot from snorkeling and am amazed a how many people think small crops of coral here and there are great snorkeling. It was quite good at Honeymoon island with some nice coral. When you have had the chance to snorkel a really good reef with lots of variety of live coral and fish you get picky.

Edited: 19 February 2012, 03:10
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

Thanks guys for your ideas.

I too expect a lot from snorkeling after being to the Great Barrier Reef and the Maldives twice. I have never been to Fiji, but will certainly ask about a trip to Honeymoon Island. Can't wait.

7. Re: Which Island Hopping to choose from Malolo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:19