We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Coral

I've been told there is some nice coral around the island. Any advice is welcome. We're going on 26 April for a week. I know there are 3 resorts, we are staying at Musket Cove on the lagoon, has anyone else stayed there and what is it like. Love to hear from all the travellers out there.

Coldoll

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral

Hi Coldoll

You have to go out to the sand bar where they have the free snorkelling to see the nice coral, also the trip to Sunflower reef is good as well, but is a lot deeper here. I haven't stayed at Musket, but at Plantation which adjoins it, but have been down there many times and it is a nice resort. It is tidal at Musket, but they have a beautiful pool near the beach and you can always walk up to Plantation for a swim where it is not so tidal. You must go to Lomani Resort further up the beach for dinner, it is outstanding. Have fun, hope you enjoy your stay there as much as we have.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral

Hi Coldoll,

Ive stayed at Musket Cove twice before. I havent stayed on the lagoon, but have had a look at the accomidation there and it is very nice. We have always enjoyed ourselves whenever we have stayed here as it is very relaxed and layed back resort. The staff have always treated us like family. We enjoy having access to the 'Trader' to get supermarket supplies, although i do recommend stopping in at a supermarket at Nadi or the marina to pick up things aswell, although the 'Trader' is not expensive as it supplies the boats in the Musket Cove marina.

The beach is tidal, but if you want to swim in more water when the tide is low, go around to Plantation. We have always taken with us blow-up rings (adult size) so that we can float around at the beach as its very calm water. we leave the rings for the local kids rather than try and deflate them and repack them!

The resturant is good, not too pricy, and you can eat at the other resorts or get a BBQ pack from the Trader to cook your own meal out at the BBQs for a good price.

hope this is some help! if you need any more info, would be happy to help,

-Kris

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral

Hi Coldoll,

We've just returned from 5 days on Malolo Lailai, staying at the Resort Club next door to the Muskeyt Cove resort. They're running two snorkelling trips per day at the moment, one to the Sandbar (shallow water), and usually a deeper water trip in the afternoon. I guess these may change with the tides. Great coral and fish - some on the trips even spotted sea snakes, sea horses, small sharks even!

Pools are great, the lagoon is wonderful with its kayaks and catamarans. We figured that the supermarket by the airstrip was cheaper, and seemed to have a better range of produce than the Trader.

Have a great trip!

New Zealand
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral

Have just returned from plantation resort, the snorkelling there was fabulous to say the least!! We did go to Musket Cove and tried snorkelling but couldn't see much, apparently the tide was wrong though so it may pay to ask somebody. Also the supermarket at the airstrip was so much cheaper.

New Zealand
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral

Have just returned from plantation resort, the snorkelling there was fabulous to say the least!! We did go to Musket Cove and tried snorkelling but couldn't see much, apparently the tide was wrong though so it may pay to ask somebody. Also the supermarket at the airstrip was so much cheaper.

I wish we were still there!!!!

6. Re: Coral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Malolo Lailai Island