We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantation island resort to musket cove

Which Malolo Lailai Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
victoria australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Plantation island resort to musket cove

Hi Guys. We are off to Plantation Island in September and were wondering what to do about evening meals. We've heard that there are BBQ facilities and a place to buy meat and supplies, and also a restaurant at Musket Cove. Are these available to everyone, or only those actually staying at Musket Cove. Also, roughly how long is the walk to these facilities? Cheers Ian

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

Most people opt for the meal deal at Plantation. Though it does tend to get a bit samey every night after about 4-5 nights. Perhaps take it for 1/2 the days you are there , then it gives you the option to dine at other venues over the course of your stay.

Yes you can dine at any of the restaurants at Plantation. Which is either the main restaurant or Anandas which is situated near the islands runway. I am also pretty sure you can dine at Dick's Place at Musket too. We never did as we opted to take the meal deal for our entire stay...which I wish we hadn't. Our TA unfortunately neglected to tell us there were other dining options...and I only found Tripadvisor AFTER we came back!! lol

Musket has 1 restaurant, Plantation has 2/3, as well as 1 at the neighbouring resort of Lomani(I think its called? I am sure someone will clarify for me!)

The length of walk would depend on where you were accommodated at Platation. If you were to walk from the main restaurant to Musket, I would guess a 15-20 mins stroll from memory....:) Which in the scheme of things in Fiji is nothing! Just right!

Hopefully someone else can help with your other questions.

victoria australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

Thanks cricket. That was what we were thinking that we could mix it up and try some off the other restraunts and maybe the BBQ area if we can.

cheers Ian

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

Hi Ian

We stayed at Musket Cove in 2006 and as far as I can remember they take meal reservations from anyone. Musket Cove to Plantation Resort only about 10 mins.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

Hi Ian

Yes you can get meat at the Trader at Musket Cove and the wood fired BBQ on the island bar is available to everyone. We have stayed at Musket Cove but didn't do the BBQ. The best thing about staying on Malololailai is that there is options for meals. If you don't like to menu at one restaurant you can take a stroll along the beach to another restaurant. Our kids voted Ananda's Restaurant as the best as they had a good variety of kids meals which also came with ice-cream and topping for dessert. Have a good holiday.

Jacqui

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

Can anyone tell me if you can use the meal vouchers (adults and kids) at either Ananda's or at perhaps Musket Cove, or are you limited to just using them in the main restaurant at Plantation?

TIA!

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

You can use your meal vouchers at Ananda's towards the cost of the meal - by memory it was about $20 towards the meal. Musket Cove is a seperate resort so you can not uee them there

Regards

Suzi

victoria australia
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

Thanks for all the input we are now happy with the decicion to try something new each night

thank again ian

(only about 27 sleeps to go)

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

We were at plantation in June/July. Anandas allow $25.00 per voucher toward the meal.

9. Re: Plantation island resort to musket cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Malolo Lailai Island