We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plantation island - beachfront hotel

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
plantation island - beachfront hotel

Hi all

we've booked a 7 nights package to Plantation Island (know its only 3 star so don't have any expectations). The 3 accomodation choices they offer for the special are: poolside room, garden bure or beachfront hotel.

Anyone stayed in the beachfront hotel? any good or should we opt for a garden bure? Poolside sounds like kids 24/7 so don't want to go there :-)

Where is the hotel in realtion to other things on the island - anyone know where to get a decent map?

Tegs

Sydney
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: plantation island - beachfront hotel

Hi tegsnz,

Great to hear you have booked a holiday at Plantation, its a wonderfull resort and one of my favourites! Yes its only a 3 star, but it delivers the nice beachs, clear water and a 5 star outlook!

In relation to the rooms, the poolside ones are the newest, but as they are near the pools it can be a bit noisey with the kids.

I would suggest the Beachfront Hotel rooms, bare in mind these are a little dated but right on the beach, however if you were looking for more space the studio garden bures would be the best option, if you go for this option make sure you ask for the 200's range, as these sit behind the pathway staggered behind the beachfront bures, so quite close to the beach.

Malololailai has three resorts on the island, Plantation, Musket and Lomani, Plantation is in the middle of both.

If you can send me a message with your email address and I can email you with a resort map.

Hope that helps,

Min KW

Sydney
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: plantation island - beachfront hotel

Hi tegsnz,

Dont worry about messageing me I was able to upload a resort map for you of Plantation island.

users.tpg.com.au/minw1983//RESORTMAP.JPG

Hope that helps,

Min KW

Sydney
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: plantation island - beachfront hotel

That one may not work, you can also try:

users.tpg.com.au/minw1983/RESORTMAP.JPG

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: plantation island - beachfront hotel

Thanks heaps!

are the 200's on the end of the beach that is more tidal or less tidal.

Location is everything :-)

Sydney
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: plantation island - beachfront hotel

Hi tegsnz,

The whole beach is tidal, but the 200 range in front of the path are good as these are righ behind a few of the beachfron bures.

Cheers

Min KW

Victoria
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: plantation island - beachfront hotel

I stayed in 312 last September. : )

7. Re: plantation island - beachfront hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Malolo Lailai Island