We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I had a wonderful holiday and now back in the cold Brisbane weather. Stayed at the The Terraces, Denarau for 2 nights and the accommodation was great for the price and so convenient, just a 2 min walk to the Port and restaurants. I'd stay there again, as the other big hotels on the beach (if you could call it that) are much more expensive.

Musket Cove stay was fantastic, and saw much more of the island this time, saw some wonderful little deserted beaches much nicer than the lagoon in front of the resort. Luckily the tide times were good, high tide in day time. Plantation resort is dredging the lagoon near the airstrip to make a man made island for a new bar and new ferry wharf. Now that was an eyesore at low tide! Barges are using the channel currently to deliver supplies. A local said it'd take 2 yrs to finish.

The island bar at Musket was very busy as many yachties moored there, Regatta week in early September, so Musket will be very busy, should be fun. Did the island hopping, good to see facillities at the other islands.

I'll post full reviews in next week. Hope those who are going in next few weeks have a wonderful time, the weather is perfect at this time of year.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
347 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Happy to hear you're home safe and had a good time. I'm looking forward to reading the review :)

Only 29 more sleeps until I'm off to the Coral Coast :)

Kel <3

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Welcome back. Glad you had a good holiday just as we did.

Waiting for my review to go up. Have sent you a PM.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a great time and looking forward to reading you review.

Nola :)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Welcome back. Am pleased to hear you had a wonderful holiday. Knew you would. Like everyone else, are looking forward to reading your reviews.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,096 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Welcome home, it has been - cold even in brissy so I hear. Almost spring and hopefully warmer weather. Will watch for the review.

Cheers Barb

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Welcome back Brissy and so glad to hear you've had a lovely holiday. As with the others, looking forward to reading your review too.

We just got back as well, had a truly fantastic time. Fiji is such a lovely lovely place :-)))))

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

Thankyou everyone, there's a few of us who have just got back home in various places, and they all seem cold. Hopefully it will warm up here in sunny Queensland very soon.

Oh it's so difficult adjusting. Will have to start thinking and dreaming where to go in Fiji next year! Think I'd like to try the Yasawas for a change.

My only regret is that I didn't find that bronzed surfer to save me on those treacherous sand flats at low tide! :):)

PS Nzlilibet this is on the thread you started re negative Mana review. lol

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

I'm so sad to hear there was no bronzed surfer-you know we were all waiting on THAT particular aspect of your trip report!! Oh well, hopefully it means that the rest of us are still in with a chance.

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

A belated welcome back from me ---- sounds like you had a great time.

Hope your g/ friend enjoyed Fiji as much as we all do ??

Maybe our TA friend "jogeoff" will find the bronzed rescue surfer -- pretty sure they're off to paradise early next week ~~

Julie.

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Fiji after a relaxing holiday

You're so right it is difficult readjusting!

I keep waking up at 2:30am ready for the day! hahaha! Not to mention it's gone really cold here in the UK - we had to put our heating on last night :-0 and it's still mean't to be summer! hahahaha!

Not to worry though, will soon get back into the swing of things and it was so worth it to goto fabulous Fiji.

Great to hear you're planning your next Fiji triip too :-)))

Get answers to your questions about Malolo Lailai Island