We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

Sydney
3 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

Hey all

I'm in the process of choosing/booking resorts for y trip and ive narrowed it down to spending 3 nights at lomani and 7 at octopus but I'm not sure how you would get from one to the other? The yasawa flyer is mentioned alot but on it's timetable it doesnt stop at Malolo Lailai island which is where lomani is.

Also can you buy one way tickets with the yasawa flyer on the website the only thing i can see is call the bula pass which entitles you to 5 days of island hopping (minimum) and is expensive for a one way trip.

thanks for any help

Mentioned in this post
Malolo Island
Malolo Island
Mamanuca Islands, Fiji
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

There is no direct link. You would have to return to Denarau between the two and its not a good option - the Flyer leaves at 8.30am, so you'd probably have to send a night in Nadi. If there was an early transfer from Lomani that got you back in to Denarau around 9/9.30am you could probably get the Octopus boat. That leaves from Vuda Marina (which is closer to Lautoka) at 10.30am - and they can arrange a taxi van to pick you up from Nadi.

Otherwise - might be possible to arrange a water taxi that got you from Lomani in time to catch the Flyer as it goes past Beachcomber - by 9am.

Mentioned in this post
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

There is an earlier boat ex Malolo Lailai back to Denarau. Check this link for the time table.

lomaniisland.com/location/…

Lucky you, Lomani is out of budget for us this time (October) but maybe next time.

Hope you post reviews.

Diane.

Mentioned in this post
Malolo Island
Malolo Island
Mamanuca Islands, Fiji
Sydney
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

Thanks for the quick reply guys!!

Looks like taking the lomani boat back to Denarau is the way to go atm. I've emailed octopus just checking that there boat can't come pick us directly from Lomani just in case they can.

One more question about the yasawa flyer if you guys have used it before but looking on there website you can't (or atleast i havnt seen it) just be priced for a transfer say from Denarau Marina to Octopus. You have to buy a bula pass? Is this correct and if it is, isnt it really expensive. For example if you were spending 7 nights in Octopus resort and were planning on using the yasawa flyer you would need a 7 day bula pass costing $282, where if you were using Octopus's boat its roughly $180 for a return trip??

Mentioned in this post
Octopus Resort
Octopus Resort
1,350 Reviews
Waya Island, Fiji
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

You shouldbe able to organise a boat to take you to the Beachcomber Island stop to connect with the Flyer this sort of transfer is something that is needed often so contact the resort or even Musket Cove resort as the marina there may have a boat that will do this transfer. Waste of time going back to Denarau. The Fl;yer gets to Beaachcomber around 9am so you will need to leave Lomani (Malolo Lailai island) early around 7.30am

Mentioned in this post
Beachcomber Island Resort
Beachcomber Island Resort
606 Reviews
Beachcomber Island, Fiji
Malolo Island
Malolo Island
Mamanuca Islands, Fiji
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

Not necessary to buy Bula Pass. I think the one way fare to Octopus is around FJ$135 if it hasn't gone up since last September. If you email Awesome Adventures telling them date of travel they will give you a booking number - alternatively ask Octopus to book you on the Flyer - I think they will, they certainly do outward bookings from there. Remember you will have to be in Denarau in plenty of time for the Flyer's 8.30am departure - they won't wait. Otherwise go on the Octopus boat, their later departure gives you more time.

Sydney
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

Great thanks for the help!

I'll send lomani an email regarding the transfer to beachcomber island. I'll let you all know wat happens because im sure someone in the future will need to do this as well

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

Thats a great idea . If Lomani won't help then try Musket Cove. I know people who have done lthis.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

Yes agree with Hooked. I know that Musket Cove can organise a boat over to Beachcomber to catch the YF in the morning. I've been on one of their boats over to Beachcomber and it doesn't take long if the seas are fairly calm

LTB

9. Re: How to get from Lomani Beach resort to Octopus Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:41
Get answers to your questions about Malolo Lailai Island