We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

North Shore, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

We arrive Nadi 11:55, have booked transfer from Delarau to Musket Cove at 14:00. Is this too tight? Travel Agent says yes, even if we get a taxi. If we do miss it, we can transfer to the next Cat but its a long wait :-( Just looking for reassurance or even tips to get us out of airport into taxi and onto boat asap.

Thanks!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

wont be a problem Robyn you will make it, as long as flight on time...has your TA ever been there ?

North Shore, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

Thanks Grant! Yes. I think she was staying cautious and said 'if you get behind a sugar-cane truck, you could be late'... so appreciate your reply.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

It would be highly unlikely to get stuck behind a sugar-cane truck at this time of the year - the nearest crushing mill is in Lautoka (opposite direction) to Nadi Airport & Denarau. The season has ended.

'Crushing at the Lautoka Sugar Mill has been extended to December 5 (2012) to ensure that all harvestable cane in Ba and Lautoka was processed'

(ex Fiji Times, Nov. 2012)

North Shore, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

Cheers, I'm feeling very reassured by your response.

Regards

Robyn

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,145 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

Unless your flight is delayed you have lots of time.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

Even if you don't 'make it' to Denarau in time, check in for next transfer board, relax and have a coffee/snack at the many outlets there. Stock up on some grocery/snack supplies, water and alcohol before travelling out to Musket Cove.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

Try and get plane seats towards the front of the aircraft, if possible. Once the plane lands and you exit the aircraft, make a beeline for the customs line with haste. Even passing 10-15 people while they are casually walking will get you through passport control quicker. **If you have children, there is sometimes a designated line on the left for families.

It usually takes around 30 minutes to clear customs. By then, your bags will be waiting for you on the carousel. Taxi's are a short walk out the front of the building. A taxi to Denarau will cost about F20-$25 and take around 25 minutes.

Have a fantastic trip.

North Shore, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

Thanks everyone for your comments. Yes, we have booked out seats closer to the front. Do we not pick up our bags before going through Customs? cheers

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

Yes, you need to pick up your luggage before clearing customs.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,145 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I cutting our transfers too tight?

After picking the bags up they have to go through an x-ray machine which also can cause a hold up but there are two so usually not too bad. You will be fine. Enjoy your holiday.

Edited: 17 February 2013, 05:12
Get answers to your questions about Malolo Lailai Island