We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power Points

Ballina
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Power Points

Hi all! Just wondering bout power points in the rooms on Mana as far as appliances please?

Cant wait to get there, 2months 2go!!!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power Points

Hi Bevan, in the Ocean Front Bures there are two power points near the bench where u boil the electric jug, two power points in the bathroom and another power point connected to a reading lamp in the lounge area. I am not sure what is available in the other bures.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power Points

They use the same power as we do in Australia so if your question is can you use you electricals you bring on holidays the answer is yes hope this helps!

auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power Points

theres heaps of them in all bures.

Ballina
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Power Points

thanx bluestreek, thats exactly wat we were after. how much money is a good idea to take to the island for crab racing, bingo etc.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Power Points

I guess that question bout spending money comes up all the time and i always say most people have so many different ideas and spending habits. If you just want it for the odd small activity and cold drink beer etc. You may be able to say get away with FJD$25 a day which is less in Australian dollars just depends. I always take a bit and if you do not use it most times you can pay some of your resort bill at the end of your stay or i blow it all away in duty free at the airport before coming home so no dramas. Hope this helps Mana is great have not been for a while but it was lovely you will enjoy the beaches they are great!

auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Power Points

Crabs to buy range from $10 to $120 depending on the crowd size and how much you have had to drink!!

Bingi is $1.00 a card and $2.00 for the last one.

Money for backpackers is handy. the odd meal there and also you may want to go fishing from there, island hopping etc.

so if there for 10 days my advice wouldbe take $500.

Use the leftovers to pay the rest of your bill after the credit card is used!

7. Re: Power Points

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 06:17