We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

treasure , castaway or mana island

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
treasure , castaway or mana island

Hi, hope someone can help me. We have a week to spend in the islands and have never been there before;offered a great deal for treasure island but it looks so small. Is there enough to do there for a week? We are both keen snorkelers and divers. Should I consider spending 4 nights at treasure, then 3 at Mana so that we can try two places? Castaway looks wonderful but is expensive compared to the treasure island deal-is the difference worth another $2000? Any information/advice would be appreciated.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
549 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

Castaway is a well run island - more upmarket than Treasure in terms of accommodation and food. Visited Treasure as a child many years ago and Castaway twice in the last few years, haven't been to Mana. I would think snorkelling off the beach is equally good from Castaway or Treasure. Castaway has an excellent inhouse dive operation - it's very professonally run e.g. good equipment, dedicated and fast dive boat, lots of different sites to visit, underwater camera for hire, dives leave on time etc.

Hopefully others can give you information re Mana and Treasure diving.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

Thanks for the info Jodie.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,819 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

I would go to Castaway and 2nd option Treasure. Mana is a big resort and not as personal as the other two. You couldn't get bored in a week at Castaway or Treasure and being small is an advantage, you are a name not a room number all three are good for snorkeling. I think Castaway is worth the difference if you can afford it otherwise go Treasure and maybe 3 nights at Mana.

auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

Hi. Im not sre about treasure so cant comment there. Castaway is a class act and always get great reviews and has a good dive shop.

Mana has a very good dive operation and good snorkelling off the beach. It also has the benefit of being completely ringed with white sand beaches which means you can always get out of wind.

There are also three or four backpackers on mana so if you are into party scene you can go down there at night

melbourne
Level Contributor
256 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

hi, I think it is a good idea for you to try two places. I have been to both Treasure and Castaway. Castaway has nicer rooms (maybe close to 4 star standard whereas Treasure's rooms are closer to 3 star).

In my opinion, I think that the snorkelling off the main beach at Treasure is better than the snorkelling off the main north beach at Castaway.

Castaway is very popular with families with children and while Treasure also attracts families with children, there are other age groups there.

Treasure has nightly entertainment, while Castaway's night time activities when I was there was patchie.

Non water based activities at Treasure include tennis, swimming in the new pool and mini golf. At Castaway, there is organised beach volleyball and/or beach touch football games as well as tennis. Walking around Castaway is a challenge (1 hour) whereas on Treasure it takes 10 minutes.

If you do decide to go to two of these resorts, you may want to check the Tiger IV ferry times to make sure that you visit them in the right order to make it easier when you transfer from one to another. (E.g. If you stay at Castaway first, the Tiger IV trip that would go direct to Mana/Treasure leaves late in the day.)

I hope this helps and you enjoy your trip.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

If it was my choice i would say go for Treasure island there are plenty of activity and a week would be fine for you. Mana is much larger if you like a bigger resort can not comment on Castaway have not actually been to this one but have been past a few times in my travels and it is nice. If you want a lovely holiday and have a special deal that has been offered to you why not just use Treasure and you could always do a day trip to another island. You will not be bored heaps to do. I am rather looking forward to being there at Treasure in about 10 weeks as part of a longer stay and i can't wait!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

Thanks for all the great advice everyone. Decided to stay at treasure for 4 nights, then castaway for the next 4. Will pass on my feedback when we get back.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

Mana is the least "upscale" of the three but I don't believe in spending big bucks just to do it. I look for value. Mana is the biggest island and has the best and most extensive beaches. I would say one of Mana's better rooms would be a good choice. Castaway is a great resort, no doubt. It is also very expensive and I could take another trip for the difference in price. Sounds an easy choice.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

Have been to Mana before and did a day trip to Castaway. I would probably prefer Mana as you have a choice of beaches and can always get away from the wind. Have never been to Treasure, but looks good.

We are going back in March next year but I have booked the Shangri La Fijian on the Coral Coast for something different.

Barossa Valley
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: treasure , castaway or mana island

Hi

I would love to hear your feedback on your decision of staying 4 nights at Tresure and the other 4 at Castaway when you get back. We have a week in Fiji at the start of December for my 30th and we're the same as you, can't decide on which island to stay at. We are only in Fiji for 6 nights, so was thinking about doing 2 nights in Denarau, 2 nights at either Castaway, Mana or Tororiki in the Mamanuca's and then 2 nights at one of the Yasawa islands? Hopefully we'll be able to see a fair bit in our short time and gets lots of snorkelling in.

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Mana Island