We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Nadi til Mana

Which Mana Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alesund, Norway
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
from Nadi til Mana

We arrive in Nadi in the evening (7am) in August, and I wonder how we get ourselves from Nadi and out on the island. We come from Norway, and knows little about the opportunities that exist. Can anyone help us? :) Appreciate all your answers! Thanks everyone

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Nadi til Mana

Hi JeanettS,

make your way to port Denerau where you will be able to jump on one of the many transfer boats to get you there, i think one of the boats is called South Sea Cruises. You will love Mana.

Hope this helps,

Clint.

Ps, taxi's betwwen airport and Port shouldnt be much more than $30 Fj

Edited: 24 June 2010, 21:48
Alesund, Norway
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Nadi til Mana

Hi Clint. Thank you so much for your feedback. I've actually already checked out the South Sea Cruises, and after what I can see is the last boat that day leaving port Denareu at 3:15 in the afternoon. I have seen on the forum here that there are no flights to Mana now. Do you know if it's set up more departures by boat because of this? Sorry if my spelling is not quite correct:)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from Nadi til Mana

Hi Jeanett

Don't think that SSC have set up more boat transfers. You can have a look at catching a helicopter, sea plane or the sea taxi. Other alternative is to stay a night in Nadi and travel to Mana in the morning. This is what we normally do. Just remember that sea plans and helicopter won't fligh in the dark so this probably won't be an option for you.

Here are the details for the sea taxi, which would be your best choice if you don't want to spend a night in Nadi. Can be expensive though.

Sea Fiji

www.seafiji.net

Nola :)

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Nadi til Mana

Hi Jeanett,

are you arriving in evening or 7am, if its the evening then i think you will have to stay in Nadi for the night, however if its morning then you will have plenty of time to get transfers.

Alesund, Norway
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from Nadi til Mana

We arrive in Nadi in the evening. I meant Did PM not AM:). I think its nice that so many people answer me!!:o)

I agree that neither the sea plane or helicopter would be appropriate since we arrive so late.I really do not want to stay an extra night in Nadi. The reason is that we only have 6 days available in Fiji before we go further to Hong Kong. We must also return to Nadi one day before we go further, because the plane leave early in the morning. Stupid flight times, I know! If I choose to take advantage of the water taxi, Is there any of you who know what the price for two people is?

I think we need to contact your travel agent tomorrow, to see if it is possible to change our flight times.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from Nadi til Mana

Another poster was just quoted FJD $619 per person, which is quite expensive. Do you have the option to stay a couple of days longer in Fiji??

Nola :)

Alesund, Norway
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from Nadi til Mana

Oh, yes, that was a bit expensive. We have already booked the flight and the hotel in Hong Kong, so it is a bit difficult to stay longer. I think we just have to try to make the best of it:) Have a nice day:)

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from Nadi til Mana

My niece was quoted around the fjd $630 for the sea taxi for the whole four of them not per person, worked out to be just a bit dearer then if they went on the normal launch transfer. Like you she doesn't want to waste anytime overnighting in Nadi.

Rene

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from Nadi til Mana

Yes Seafiji is www.seafiji.net is FJD$615 per boat with up to 4 passengers, and you can book online, they'll pick you up at the airport (included in the price) and they run 24 hours a day.

If you have 4 people it works out at about FJD$153 each.

have a great holiday~!

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: from Nadi til Mana

Hi jeanettS,

its looking more and more like you might have to spend your first night on the main land so i would sugest finding some where on Denarau Island to spend your first night and catch the first boat you can to Mana, reason being ,you will be close to the port and the Bula bus is cheap and you should be on Mana Island by lunch time.

Regardles what happens i know you will have a great time.

Clint.

Get answers to your questions about Mana Island