We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

Sydney
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

Spoke to Mana Island Resort and it seems they are looking to start a direct boat service to and from the Island to Vuda Marina from about August 17th!

They don't have too much info on the service as yet, such as travel time (compared to the Denarau crossing) or exact cost, though they intimated that the fare would be around the $90 fiji dollar mark for an adult and half that for a child - not sure if that's one way or return though, so it could be a good deal, compared to South Seas Cruises out of Denarau, if that is the return price, or pretty much equitable, if that is the one way cost!!

Anyway, as we thought we might use Club Fiji Resort, Nadi, as our base for sightseeing locally for a couple of nights before heading over to Mana, we might end up taking the ferry over there via Denarau but return to the mainland and the airport via Vuda just for a point of difference.

Hopefully something will get posted up on this forum when Mana Island have finalised their intentions for the new transfer service, so I guess just watch this space . . .

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,022 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

That is very interesting indeed.

Will be staying next to Vuda Marina from next week so will make enquiries. Hopefully it will be a substantial boat!

Let us know what you find out. Will post myself if I find out anything while I'm there.

Sydney
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

Yes indeed! Have a great time at Vuda and let us know if you hear anything further, likewise from my end! Cheers . . .

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

This will be a great option for the people arriving at lunch or early afternoon giving them the chance to get to the island that day instead of overnighting in Nadi!~ I will be keeping any eye out for the details! And like mentioned before i would only take it if it was a larger boat! I would not consider doing it on a small vessel!

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,022 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

Hi guys

Didn't manage to find out anything about this while staying at First Landing.

But I would have to say that if there is something starting that I suspect it would be only a small boat. There were only a couple of trips available to Beachcomber Island plus a snorkling trip to an uninhabited one - both on small boats.

The Rosie's Tours girl, who was pretty well informed, said that the boat to Treasure for staff was only a small tin boat. Most of the trips left from Denarau.

Does anyone else have any more news?

Like bluestreek I would only be interested if it was a substantial vessel.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

I have seen the boats that the staff arrive in to Treasure from the mainland and they are more like and overgrown dingy that we would use to fish in at home! If thats the only boat option i would rather wait and take the South Seas Cruises! Those more able seamen would get a kick out of that journey in the smaller boat! No one for me though!

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,022 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

You and I think alike on this one, bluestreek. No more adventures in small tin boats for me, thanks.

7. Re: New boat service between Vuda Marina and Mana Island Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 05:16