We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Shellharbour
2 posts
Save Topic
Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Hi, 11 days until we arrive in Mana Island, everyones posts have been very helpful. Just wondering about the South Beach Restaurant, we have purchased breakfast & dinner meal package for my husband and I and our 2 kids, does this cover the kids meals if we choose to dine in the South Beach Restaurant?

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Hi Lee-Anne, if your children are of the ages that they eat free they cannot eat free at at the south beach restaurant unless you wish to pay for the meals. Childen under 12, accompanied by their guardians, who are having a buffet dinner, have a free meal from "Kid's Corner" at the buffet.There is a 50% discount at the buffet for children between the ages of 13 and 15

Len (11 days to go, see you at the pool bar)

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Mana Regular - save me a seat also at the pool bar on 31st October -

Cheers - 11 days to go for me - till I get on that plane from Dunedin-Auckland-Nadi.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Hi manaregular, so do children have different food options at the buffet than the adults? Can they only eat from the 'Kids Corner' or can they have any part of the buffet?

Jo

6 sleeps til Fiji and 7 til Mana!!!!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Hi, I have seen children eating from the buffet and there appears to be no problem with management. In fact the "Kids Corner" appears to repetitious food and the buffet would be a change.

The main thing to remember that Mana is very laid back and you are there to enjoy your holiday. The staff will do all they can to make you accomplish this. If you have any problems speak to the staff, do not wait until you return home to complain. If you get a meal that you are not ;happy with, send it back and it will be corrected.

Len (11 sleeps to go!)

Edited: 16 October 2010, 09:45
auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Hi. Your children can eat from the buffett not just "kids corner". In rea;ity they are all one and the same. You also do not really need to "accompany them". As manaregular mentioned the staff / management are very accomodating in this regard.

With a meal plan you are entitled to three courses at the south beach restaurant including a desert. If you are like us we dont eat desert so normally the children will appear at some stage during the meal and we give our deserts to them. There are some really good icecream based options!!

Have a great trip

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Hi, have just spoken to a senior member of management who advises that children can only eat free at the "Kids Corner" and not at the main buffet. Of course I feel there would be no problem in them eating your "leftovers".

Len (9 days to go)

Edited: 17 October 2010, 01:51
Shellharbour
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Thanks so much for all the replies. Staying 6 nights at Naviti first so we'll be well and truly chilled by the time we get to Mana and suspect we won't care too much where or what we eat... These posts have been great, as first time holidayers in Fiji we have learnt so much....hope to see a few of you at Mana.

Cheers,

Lee-Anne

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

We always feed our kids from all the buffet. The kids corner is mainly fried food ie chips,party pies,spring rolls etc. We have never had any issues feeding our kids from the adult part of the buffet.

Enjoy Mana and if you meet Mana regular whilst you are there, give him a kiss from me!!!

Tracy

sydney
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Hi there, I just have a quick question about meal plans and how they work for children.

We have a meal plan for breakfast-dinner. The policy provides that kids eat free provided that their are accompanied by an adult, does it mean that the adult must eat at the buffet as well? Can our 2 yr old eat free at the buffet (kids corner) on nights my partner and I decide to have dinner at the south beach restaurant? We will definitely have some family dinner together but my partner and I would like to have a few dinners at the south beach restaurant as well, just the 2 of us.

Thanks!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meal Plans & South Beach Restaurant

Hi Markand flo, no if your child eats at the buffet you are not compelled to eat there. You can go to the south beach restaurant and eat together. Dont forget that you have an extremely good child minding service at Mana. .When my wife and I get to Mana we work out which nights we will go to the buffet and which nights to the South Beach Restaurant. . We then book the South Beach restaurant for those particular nights. You will have a ball.

Len (7 DAYS TO GO)

Edited: 19 October 2010, 03:59