We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mana Island - island bures

Which Mana Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Aust
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mana Island - island bures

Hi

I'm just about to book Mana Island for 6 nights in late March. Just wondering if any of the island bures are stand-alone or are they all duplex/interconnecting? I'll be travelling with my boyfriend and would rather not risk being 'joined' to a family with kids next door if possible!

Any suggestions of bure numbers or locations? We don't mind having to walk further if it means more peace and quiet. Obviously we don't want to be near a kids club or playground.

I've looked at the island map on the resort website but its hard to tell what's what.

Any advice on Mana would be appreciated. I have become slightly obsessed with reading reviews and forum posts so I'd like to think I am fairly well informed but just keep thinking of more things!

Thanks

Natalie

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mana Island - island bures

Hi

We always request 113,114 or 115 which are all single bures.Our favourite is 115, which we most recently stayed in December.I would email the resort once you have booked with your request. If you have any other questions about Mana feel free to message me.

Regards Tracy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mana Island - island bures

Hi Natalie.

Can't help on bure no's, but have a few suggestions.

There will be a theme for each buffet at night, and these are listed in the info pack in your room. We chose which theme nights we wanted to go to, and booked the rest at South Beach.

Book early for South Beach restaurant. It tends to be booked out well ahead. We much preferred the South Beach restaurant, as it is a la carte, we found the meals to be very good quality, and there are fewer young children. Also earlier breakfast time avoids the crowds. (No offence to those with young children.)

If you go on a fishing trip, the South Beach restaurant will cook your fish and serve it as a wonderful dish for you. (Just ask Noa or one of the watersport guys.)

North beach tends to be much quieter and has great snorkelling at the drop off further out.

The Mana Spa is amazing. The staff are wonderful, the Pure Fiji products are heavenly, and the massages so relaxing.

Happy hour at the pool bar is great value, and a bit of fun.

Enjoy your stay at Mana, we love it.

Cindy

Sydney, Aust
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mana Island - island bures

Thanks for the tip on the room numbers Tracy. I looked on the map and they do look like they are in a good position. I'll make sure to request one of those when we book.

Cindy, thanks for your suggestions. We'll make sure to book South Beach for dinner every night :-) Did you go to any of the backpackers to eat/drink? If so is it far to walk? Food ok?

Thanks

Natalie

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mana Island - island bures

The backpackers are ok not fabulous. Ratu Kini is a short walk past the jetty. I suggest you buy a meal plan when you arrive. B/fast and dinner plan is F$76.50 per adult and you can get a 3 course dinner at south beach or eat from the buffet.Take snacks for lunch ie cheese and biscuits etc If you haven't been to Fiji before, I suggest you try the Fijian Lovo dinner from the buffet. It is on Tues and Saturday nights. It is food wrapped in banana leaves and cooked under ground.

Tracy

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mana Island - island bures

Hi Nat, if you decide to e-mail Mana and book ahead for the south beach restaurant,which is recommended, below are the various theme nights which should assist you in chosing whether you go a-la-carte or buffet. r.

Monday Curry Buffet/

Tuesday Lovo Buffet

Wednesday Mongolian Buffet

Thursday European Buffet

Friday Oriental Buffet

Saturday Lovo Buffet

Sunday Steak and Seafood Buffet.

Pick your single bure from the list given by Tracy and .send an e-mail to res@manafiji.com requesting that specific bure. Mark the e-mail attention by Shareen. They will do their best to give you that bure. Take copies of all e-mails with you to Mana.

Len.( 9 and a half months to go and counting).

Sydney, Aust
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mana Island - island bures

Thanks Len - as always you are a wealth of knowledge on everything Mana! I will definitely be using that email address to (hopefully) reserve a particular bure..

And the list of theme nights is very helpful. I have been to Fiji 4 times before but the last time was 15 years ago when I was 16! But it will be my boyfriends first time so the Lovo night would be great for both of us.

Can't wait to get there and soak up the sun, do some snorkelling and enjoy a cocktail (or 2...or 3!)

Thanks again everyone.

Sydney, Aust
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mana Island - island bures

Fiji holiday booked today!

Decided to skip the mainland and spend 10 nights on Mana! Got a great 50% off deal for the island bure. We arrive on 18 March. Can't wait! I haven't started the countdown clock yet but I am sure that will be first thing on the agenda when I get back to work on Monday ;-)

Thanks for all your advice everyone. It's great to get so many honest opinions and decent advice.

Cheers

Natalie

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mana Island - island bures

Lucky you! I am sure you will have a wonderful holiday at Mana. Any other questions you think of between now and then, feel free to ask.

Tracy

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mana Island - island bures

You will love it- we have stayed at mana for 15 nights and didn't want to leave

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mana Island - island bures

Same here Blaze. We just had 15 nights in December. I get quite envious of Manaregular who goes for 21 nights at a time! Lucky thing!

As they say all good things must come to an end. Then we just start planning the next trip.

Tracy

Get answers to your questions about Mana Island