We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Mana???

Which Mana Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Mana???

I am trying my darnest but can't figure this out...

We fly into Nadi at 12:40 in the afternoon and need to get to Mana the same day. I'm trying to save money and book Mana Flyer but it only leaves at 9am. South Seas is twice the price so I'd like to avoid this option. Are there any other ways to get to Mana in the afternoon?

No swimming :)

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Mana???

Those are the only 2 options that I know of at a reasonable price.

Most people (us included) use SSC to get there.

I didnt think the price was too bad. If you are using the South Sea Cruises website to book on, please be aware that their prices are in Australian Dollar too.

Maree :D

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
117 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Mana???

Water taxi??? Depending on how many of you there are it can work out a cheaper option.

http://www.seafiji.net/Taxi/index.htm

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Mana???

It's only 2 adults.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Mana???

If the weather is bad the Mana Flyer is not an option unless you want to be seasick the whole trip. Use the South Seas Cruises, it might be dearer but it is certainly better.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Mana???

Hi Santorini0625 - Look up this link for Ratu Kini's Backpacker resort (On Mana Island) - www.ratukinidiveresort.com.fj/gettingthere

Mana Flyer - There are 2 trips per day (1) 'around' 9am (2 boats) and (2) 'around' 10.00-10.30am) Each boat carries 'around' 10-12 persons. The return trip gets back to Nadi ('around' midday) Departing/arrival point is from Smugglers Cove Beach Resort (NOT at Denarau Marina, where the SSC transfers leave from) $60-00 per person each way.

Smugglers Cove is on the beach at NADI BAY (http:www.smugglersbeachfiji.com) about 10 minutes by car from Nadi International Airport/Nadi town and Port Denarau. You can Skype Smugglers Cove via their website.

You would be much better advised to catch the South Seas Cruise Ferry(Tiger IV) to Mana which leaves at 9.00am, 12.15pm, 3.15pm and 5.30pm daily. (Note that the departure times on RatuKini's website are out of date) Costs for SSC are very reasonable & much more comfortable. Especially in inclement weather. There is also a free SSC bus taking passengers to Denaru for the transfers - BUT you would have to go to Raffles Hotel (walkable and opposite Airport to connect with this - bus usually leaves an hour before the Tiger IV departs from Denarau) To connect with the 1.30 approx bus (from Raffles) time may be a little tight, but there is plenty to do at Denarau, supermarkets to stock up on supplies, if you opted for the 5.30pm sailing to Mana. Hope this helps your travel arrangements.

Flicarose

6. Re: How to get to Mana???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 16:23
Get answers to your questions about Mana Island