We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

Hi

We are going to mana in nov and have booked one of the ocean front suites. The reason I booked this is that we will have my 3 year old and 15 mth old with us and there is no way anyone would get any sleep if we were all on top of each other in the same room. The solution to this seemed to be this split level type of accommodation. However after reading the reviews on here I am very worried. I was told there are gates on the stairs. Is this true. Are they decent? Does anyone have some recent photos they could email me. Is it safe for an incredibly active 15mth old who loves to climb ( he walked at 8 mths). What are the porta cots like. There is no way my son will be able to sleep on a mattress on the floor he needs to be contained. Should I take my own portacot?

I have heaps more questions but that will do for now

Hope someone can help.

Leah

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

They have cots available but I have never had to use one. Hopefully someone who has can answer this for you. You could always take your own with you. I also don’t know if there are gates on the stairs as we have never stayed in the ocean suites before.

I would be a bit worried about your son climbing up if there are no gates. Also it is a mezzanine floor, so if he like to climb, he could actually climb up and fall over.

Have you looked at getting two interconnecting island bures instead?? This would give you a separate room for the kids with no stairs. Would be what I would choose if I had young kids.

Nola ;)

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

Hi Leah H,

If you give me your email address (send in PM) I will give you all the information.

Flicarose -

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

Thanks flicarose

Message sent

Cheers

Leah

Edited: 29 August 2011, 02:11
Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

Hi Leah H,

I need your EMAIL address to send all this info. Sent you a PM - Thanks Flicarose

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

For others planning to take very small children and are thinking about the 600 block rooms - There are definitely NO gates at the bottom or the top of the stairs in the 600 block units (South Beach).

Mana portacots are all wooden. Flicarose

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

I wouldn't stay in an ocean front suite with small kids.You are in the same room as your kids and no gates on stairs.Also they are very light as they don't have block out blinds. You may be able to arrange 2 island bures that are interconnecting for around the same price as the ocean front suites. The cots are fine they are not portacots but wooden. We have stayed at Mana many times with our kids and find the island bures are fine for us and our boy has always used the cots there up until he was two and a half without any problems.

Tracy

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

Thanks everyone. Was a bit misled by the agent. She is trying to get me 2 interconnecting island bures. Glad the cots are ok. Would have been a pain to lug my own over there.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

Good news, Leah. Think you will be more comfortable in the island bures and able to enjoy your holiday.

Nola ;)

9. Re: Ocean View suites with 2 young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 07:17