We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mana at Christmas

plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Mana at Christmas

Hi, we have booked to stay at Mana for five nights over Christmas this year. We are a family of three, myself, husband and nine year old son. I have looked through past reviews and forums to see if anyone else has experienced Mana at this time of year as I was wondering if they do anything special and festive, especially for the kids ! Also do they have a gala dinner ? Any information would be great.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mana at Christmas

We stayed at Mana for 15 nights Christmas 2010. It was great fun with heaps of Christmas activities eg Carols, Santa came and gave presents to the kids, Chritmas trees and decorations, Christmas menu's(breakfast,lunch and dinner) Chritmas nativity play etc.

It was enjoyed by both adults and kids. Anything else, feel free to ask.

Regards Tracy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mana at Christmas

Hi There,

I haven't been to Mana for Xmas but am heading back to Fiji for Xmas for the year in a row this year and just wanted to tell you how much fun and stress free it is. I think most hotels etc make a big deal of it..............

At the Fijian the local village choirs come into to sing carols, there were decorations everywhere.......there was a snow man on the beach, Santa arrived on a jetski and then was transported around the resort in a sled by anbullock, the kids went nuts.......pressies handed out. Everyone was inmsuch a good mood.

Just tonight I went and cleared out the Reject shop of reindeer antlers, Xmas earrings, hair things etc ...........we take them and hand them out to the staff, they love them and wear them at work........actually there were so many people last year wearing Xmas stuff, families exchanging gifts at breakfast, Xmas music playing........just fun, fun, fun, no mess, no hassle........fabulous.........

I hope you have an amazing time and I hope that others post their Fijian Xmas stories.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mana at Christmas

I meant to say third year in a row.......I would love to go every year forever if I could.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mana at Christmas

@ Mothersimon - we arrived @ Shangri La on 28 December last year, and loved seeing the snowman on the beach and the giant Christmas Tree made from palm fronds (sic). Will have to try and go for Christmas one year!

plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mana at Christmas

Thanks for your replies, cant wait to experience a Fijian Christmas !! Will be taking plenty of santa hats and Christmas baubles ! Sounds like you had an amazing time Tracey, we are only at Mana for 5 nights then Malolo Resort for 5 nights over New Year. Fiji being part of a 6 week trip, the majority of which we will be in Queensland.

You all put my mind at rest that our 9 year old is going to have an amazing time and will certainly enjoy his Christmas in the sun !!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mana at Christmas

New Year is a lot of fun too, most resorts have fireworks.

Geelong
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mana at Christmas

We are also staying on Malolo for New Years. By we, I mean my husband, daughter (10 years) and my self. This is our 4 th trip to Fiji in 4 years, an we are just as excited or more to be going back. Have a look at Malolo's Facebook site and web page, theme for New Years is Pirates, also has menu. Looking forward to meeting you in December

plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mana at Christmas

I had seen the line up of entertainment and menu on Malolo's website but not been on to their facebook page ! Thanks for that, I will now be on the hunt for pirate hats ! My son is excited about the pirate theme, my husband not quite so enthusiastic !! So looking forward to our first visit to Fiji , see you there !

Australia
Level Contributor
615 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mana at Christmas

Hi fannyadamsply and Nicgeelong

We'll be at Malolo for Xmas and new years too! It's our 3rd trip to Malolo in 18 months, you'll both love it! See you for beach bar cocktails!

10. Re: Mana at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2012, 10:19