We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian Food at Mana?

Which Mana Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian Food at Mana?

I was wondering if anybody can tell me a little bit about the menu on at Mana Island Resort. I am a vegetarian (no meat, do eat dairy) and wondering whether I should bring some snacks from Australia (protein bars etc).

Thank you!!

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian Food at Mana?

Hi Melissa

If you send me your email address in a PRIVATE MESSAGE via TA. I will send you the Mana Menus - am off over their again this weekend - so can always update any of the food on offer - don't think there has been any though, cause was only over there a few weeks ago ! Flicarose

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian Food at Mana?

Thank you!! I'm sending you a message now :)

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian Food at Mana?

Hi there - i don't know if you have already travelled to Mana or not .... but thought I'd reply anyhow - might help future vegetarians too .... I was there last week - I am actually vegan, but decided to relax and be vegetarian during my stay at Mana, so it wouldn't be painful and complicated. I was very impressed with the quality and variety of food - breakfasts included baked beans on toast, a variety of pastries, cereals, pancakes/waffles; gorgeous 'oyster potatoes' and loads of fruit. Some mornings they even had miso soup - which I was thrilled about.

The vegetarian curries (with coconut rice) at dinner were fabulous, and there were also pastas, and Mangolian stir-fries (where you choose your own ingredients for the chef to fry up for you). They also made the most amazing dahl soup (and there was a yummy spinach soup also). Over at the South Beach Restaurant, we ate the 2 varieties of vegetarian pizzas for lunch most days - and they are delicious! I also saw a tofu-based main for dinner, on their menu - but we didnt end up dining there at night (we had our 3 chn with us). Hope this helps! x

4. Re: Vegetarian Food at Mana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 09:30
Get answers to your questions about Mana Island